The Fitted Hoops and Butterfly Net Cover Kits will help transform your caterpillar-ravaged brassicas down at the allotment or in the kitchen garden into potential village show-winning vegetables by turning your cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts plants into butterfly free zones!
The 19mm diameter galvanised tubular steel hoops fit securely inside the raised bed with supplied brackets and screws and are available in various size options, spanning our Allotment, Standard and Superior Wooden Raised Beds from 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft) right up to 1.2m by 2.4m (4ft x 8ft) and supporting the 7mm mesh butterfly and bird-busting fitted mesh cover.
These fitted, tailored and stitched seamed covers take the hassle of grappling with awkward pieces of net and as there are an incredible SIX size options, there's no reason why caterpillars should have all the fun this summer! But don't restrict your zero tolerance butterfly policy to raised bed growing - although designed for use in our beds, the Fitted Hoops and Butterfly Net Cover Kits are equally at home in open ground.
Available Sizes: 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft); 0.6m x 1.8m (2ft x 6ft); 0.6m x 2.4m (2ft x 8ft); 1.2m x 1.2m (4ft x 4ft); 1.2m x 1.8m (4ft x 6ft) and 1.2m x 2.4m (4ft x 8ft)
- Fitted Hoops and Butterfly Net Covers designed and manufactured in-house
- Developed to fit our Wooden Raised Beds
- Use with both our Standard and Superior Raised Bed Tables
- Choose from hoop only, cover only or hoops and cover kit options
- Hoops are manufactured from 19mm diameter galvanised tubular steel
- Hoops for 2ft wide beds give 54cm (21") of growing height
- Hoops for 4ft wide beds give 104cm (41") of growing height
- 2 hoops supplied for 1.2m (4ft) long beds
- 3 hoops supplied for 1.8m (6ft) and 2.4m (8ft) long beds
- Hoops held firmly in position by brackets which screw to the inside of the bed
- Butterfly net covers made specifically to snugly fit hoops and beds
- Say goodbye to grappling with awkward shaped pieces of netting
- 7mm knitted mesh is soft, strong and pliable and keeps out butterflies
- Made-to-measure nets have reinforced seams
- Hoops can also be covered with other netting from our range if desired
- Fitted Mesh Vented PVC Covers also available for early and late season and hothouse growing
- Try our Fitted Insect Mesh Covers for the ultimate in pest protection
EXTRA VALUE OFFERS - Great savings on complete hoop and butterfly net cover kits!
Really good quality and come with sturdy brackets. I would recommend the clips to go with them.
Tried others and they failed. This looped set was very sturdy and easy to fit and feels it will last for years. The bonus is you can remove it during the winter.
We have had our raised bed for some time and use it with the plastic covering during the winter. However, during the summer we have been having problems with our neighbour's cats digging up the seedlings and this mesh has completely solved the problem. As the hoops were already in place it was was very easy to fit. It did seem fairly expensive but it does do the job.
All our Hoop & Cover Kits neatly fit our range of raised beds, and the 3 covers - PVC/Mesh, Butterfly Netting and Insect Mesh - provide year round protection for your crops.
- Heavy duty, galvanised and rust resistant steel hoops fit securely to the insides of the bed with the supplied brackets and screws. All hoops are 19mm diameter but heights vary according to width size.
- 4ft long beds = 2 hoops
- 6ft long beds = 3 hoops
- 8ft long beds = 3 hoops
- Mesh Vented PVC cover lets you start growing earlier or extend the season. It combines strong, extra thick UV stabilised PVC with large zipped full width dual skinned PVC & insect-mesh panels on both sides. Unzip to reveal the insect-mesh panel or fully unzip and roll up for direct access.
- Insect-Mesh cover is a fine 0.25mm x 0.8mm mesh size to keep out the smallest of pests.
- UV stabilised for longevity, it allows air and water to circulate, provides shade and protects against weather elements - including mild frosts.
- Butterfly Net cover has a strong, soft and pliable 7mm knitted mesh size. Keeps out the Cabbage White Butterfly and birds too.
- All covers secure inside the bed with ground pegs (not supplied) except for the Insect-Mesh cover that eases round the bed, tightens with drawstring and secures to sides with supplied hooks.
- Hoop kits and covers are available separately or SAVE £'s buying complete kits.
What The Press Say
Gardens Monthly16th March 2009
Crop Protection - A raised bed makes it easy to protect crops with a variety of covers
"These galvanised rust-resistant steel hoops create a frame for mesh, netting or fleece and at 110cm (43in) high will easily cover taller crops, such as fruit bushes or brassicas. Mesh covers cut to shape and secured by hooks are also supplied, either sold together as a kit or separately..."