The Superior Wooden Raised Bed Kits with super thick planks, decorative corner posts and robust aluminium fixing brackets are very much the flagship of our extensive wooden raised bed range, perfect for creating an extremely attractive raised bed area for the discerning vegetable gardener.
The superior wooden raised beds use quality 20cm/8" high by 3.5cm/1.4" thick scandinavian planks, sourced from sustainably managed forests which are planed all round for a quality finish. The timber is kiln dried and selected to a structural standard to ensure high quality. The 10cm/4" square corner posts give extra strength and can link additional raised bed kits or parts together. All the wood is high pressure treated with a safe wood preserve - after consultation with Garden Organic - to ensure the best possible resistance to fungal decay and wood boring insects.
These stunning wooden raised beds, ideal for growing your own vegetables are supplied as complete kits including thick planks, corner posts, long lasting aluminium corner brackets, stainless steel screws and full instructions. Optional Capping (5cm/2" H x 10cm/4"W) is also available and provides a wide comfy seat for working and gives the top of the beds a stylish finish.
Available in 4 heights - from 20cm/8" to 81cm/32" deep - and 10 sizes, these superb raised vegetable beds should perfectly meet your needs - and if space is an issue, we've a Corner Wooden Raised Bed version available too.
The Superior Raised Beds really do offer the complete answer to raised bed gardening, but don't take our word for it, find out what the experts say about our Superior Raised Beds in the collection of press and media quotes in the "Media" tab!
Please note that as timber is a natural product and is susceptible to shrinkage/swelling, all sizes are therefore nominal +/- 5mm. Sizes apply to external dimensions.
- Designed and manufactured by us in the UK
- 4 year structural guarantee
- Superior Wooden Raised Bed Kits made of quality 3.5cm/1.4" thick by 20cm/8" deep timber pre-drilled planks
- Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood from sustainably managed forests
- The timber is kiln dried and selected to a structural standard to ensure high quality
- Raised Bed Kits supplied with planks, corner posts, aluminium brackets, stainless steel screws and full instructions.
- Optional capping (5cm/2" H x 10cm/4" W) is available to give beds a stylish finish and protects planks
- 10cm/4" square corner posts give extra strength
- Planks, posts and capping all have surfaces planed for maximum aesthetic appeal
- Wooden components high pressure treated with a non-toxic preservative (after consultation with Garden Organic)
- Treatment of wood helps to ensure best possible resistance to fungal decay and wood-boring insects
- Aluminium joining brackets used to connect corner posts to planks
- Simple assembly with full instructions provided
- With basic DIY skills planks can be cut to make almost limitless permutations
- Raised Bed Protection Covers are also available to fit the raised beds
- Greatest depth (81cm/32") ideal for wheelchair users or gardeners with back problems
- Additional planks and capping are available separately to create your own raised bed configuration.
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
- We strongly recommend the use of an electric screwdriver with a clutch for assembly and a Pozidrive (PZ2) screwdriver or screw bit
N.B. All images show superior raised beds with capping.
Although we can offer Superior Raised Beds in bespoke sizes, we can only provide bespoke lengths and widths and are unable to offer non-standard heights. The maximum length of any plank is 2.4m, so anything over this size will need to be in a number of 'bays' to prevent bowing. Due to the time consuming nature of cutting different length planks there is significant additional cost on any bespoke design.