Transform your vegetable-laden raised beds into an efficient mini-greenhouse with the minimum of effort, prolong your growing season and even ventilate summer crops without compromising on crop protection with our Fitted Hoops and Mesh Vented PVC Covers double act - one that garden pests certainly won't find amusing!
The 19mm diameter galvanised tubular steel hoops fit securely inside our wooden raised beds with supplied brackets and screws. The hoops used on the 60cm (2ft) wide beds give 54cm (21") of growing height and the hoops used on the 1.2m (4ft) wide beds give 104cm (41") of growing height. For beds that are 1.2m (4ft) long 2 hoops are used to support the covers and for the 1.8m (6ft) and 2.4m (8ft) long beds 3 hoops are used to support the covers.
Available in six size options, the hoops firmly support the UV stabilised extra thick, heavy-duty PVC covers, complete with full-width insect-mesh ventilation for the summer months to keep pests out and let rain in.
Designed to fit inside Raised Bed sizes: 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft); 0.6m x 1.8m (2ft x 6ft); 0.6m x 2.4m (2ft x 8ft); 1.2m x 1.2m (4ft x 4ft); 1.2m x 1.8m (4ft x 6ft) and 1.2m x 2.4m (4ft x 8ft)
The clear PVC traps heat and shields plants from the elements to extend the growing season and access couldn't be simpler thanks to the large-zipped, dual-skinned PVC/insect mesh panels that roll up and down on both sides. We've also got Fitted Butterfly Net and Insect Mesh Covers for complete raised bed crop protection but don't let your raised beds have all the fun; although designed for use in our beds and with both our Standard and Superior Raised Bed Tables, the Fitted Hoops and Mesh Vented PVC Covers are equally at home in open ground.
- Fitted Hoops and Mesh Vented PVC Covers system developed to fit our Allotment, Standard and Superior Wooden Raised Beds.
- Choose from hoop only, cover only or hoops and cover kit options
- Hoops are manufactured from 19mm diameter galvanised tubular steel
- Hoops for 2ft wide beds give 54cm (21" of growing height)
- Hoops for 4ft wide beds give 104cm (41" of growing height)
- Hoops held firmly in position by brackets which screw to the inside of the bed
- 2 hoops supplied for 1.2m (4ft) long beds and 3 hoops for 1.8m (6ft) and 2.4m (8ft) long beds
- 6 sizes of PVC/mesh covers available (covers are not currently available for 4ft x 4ft, 6ft x 6ft and 6ft x 8ft beds)
- PVC/Mesh covers made specifically to snugly fit hoops and beds
- Mesh ventilation panels are ultra-fine insect mesh (0.25mm x 0.8mm mesh size) and small enough to exclude aphids, flies and beetles
- Covers manufactured from extra thick, heavy-duty PVC
- UV stabilised for extra long life
- Large zips make access simple
- Dual-skinned vents
- Both PVC and mesh flaps can be lifted and rolled for access to plants
- PVC flaps simply unzip for summer, mesh-protected ventilation
- Early and late season heat trapped by PVC to benefit plants
- Eyelets incorporated in cover edge
- Secure cover to ground with steel ground pegs (not included)
- Hoops can also be covered with other netting from our range
- PVC comes with a 1 year guarantee
- Use in open ground if desired
EXTRA VALUE OFFERS - buy hoops and PVC covers together for great savings!
Bought this for our 8ft x 4 ft raised bed. We were unable to put middle hoop in the centre the raised bed as there is a joining post there so had to put it slightly to one side. Despite foliowing instructions regarding getting the correct angle for the hoops etc the roof of the cover sags, which I did expect to some extent but it sags quite a lot after heavy rainfall has collected in it. In view of this I think that some form of handle along the top would make is easier to shift the water from the sagging pvc. I also think that four hoops rather than three would have provided more stability for this size cover. The opening vents are full length which is great for access but they can only be secured in the centre via a very short press stud strap. If you don't have much strength in your hands it is very difficult to roll the pvc flap tightly and uniformly enough for the strap to meet the press stud. I feel that slightly longer straps with a selection of press studs would make folding the pvc cover easier, and in view of the size of this item, a further strap either side of the centre strap would again provide more stability and stop the pvc flap from hanging down at either side of strap and obstructing access. The concept of this item is good, it is enabling me to make use of the raised bed in the winter by overwintering my delicate plants as well as hopefully protecting my vegetables from insects etc during the summer. A couple of tweaks to the design would make it an excellent product.
Many thanks for leaving your product review. Your valuable feedback has been passed onto our Design Team for further review.
Excellent addition to raised bed. Will extend the growing season and act as a mini greenhouse. Very well Made and hopefully will last several seasons .
All our Hoop & Cover Kits neatly fit our range of raised beds, and the 3 covers - PVC/Mesh, Butterfly Netting and Insect Mesh - provide year round protection for your crops.
- Heavy duty, galvanised and rust resistant steel hoops fit securely to the insides of the bed with the supplied brackets and screws. All hoops are 19mm diameter - hoops for 2ft (60cm) beds measure 54cm (21") high, hoops for 4ft (1.2m) beds measure 104cm (41") but heights vary according to width size.
- 4ft long beds = 2 Hoops
- 6ft long beds = 3 Hoops
- 8ft long beds = 3 Hoops
- Mesh Vented PVC cover lets you start growing earlier or extend the season. It combines strong, extra thick UV stabilised PVC with large zipped full width dual skinned PVC & insect-mesh panels on both sides. Unzip to reveal the insect-mesh panel or fully unzip and roll up for direct access.
- Insect-Mesh cover is a fine 0.25mm x 0.8mm mesh size to keep out the smallest of pests.
- UV stabilised for longevity, it allows air and water to circulate, provides shade and protects against weather elements - including mild frosts.
- Butterfly Net cover has a strong, soft and pliable 7mm knitted mesh size. Keeps out the Cabbage White Butterfly and birds too.
- All covers secure inside the bed with ground pegs (not supplied) except for the Insect-Mesh cover that eases round the bed, tightens with drawstring and secures to sides with supplied hooks.
- Hoop kits and covers are available separately or SAVE £'s buying complete kits