Standard Wooden Raised Bed Tables
We've raised our much sought-after wooden raised bed range up a level - quite literally! - with the introduction of our back-saving Standard Wooden Raised Bed Tables.
Made by us in the UK
We've raised our much sought-after Wooden Raised Bed range up a level - quite literally! - with the introduction of our back-saving Standard Wooden Raised Bed Tables; a variation on the existing design which elevates your home grown vegetables up to a comfortable working height.
Using the same components which make our Standard Wooden Raised Beds so popular, the 60cm x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft) rectangular or 1.2m (4ft) square shapes of Standard Raised Bed Tables suit most patio or garden spaces and are available in two generous depths for the efficient growing of strawberries, salads, herbs and even deep rooted vegetables. The 2ft x 4ft Tables are 3ft high and the 4ft x 4ft tables stand 2ft 5" high.
The slatted base is covered with a stiff recyclable plastic cover, and included is a thick non-woven polypropylene fabric liner for better water rentention. The liner will help contain fine compost particles and provide further protection for the timber used in the raised bed table.
The Raised Bed tables are manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests which is high pressure treated with a safe preserve. The beds carry a 3 year structural guarantee for complete peace of mind and with a Superior Wooden Raised Bed Table also available, based on our top of the range Superior Wooden Raised Beds we're sure we've got the raised bed table design for you!
- Standard Raised Bed Tables available in 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft) and 1.2m (4ft) square sizes
- Standard Raised Bed Tables are 15cm (6") deep or 30cm (12") deep
- The 2ft x 4ft Tables are 3ft high and the 4ft x 4ft tables stand 2ft 5" high
- Timber slatted base
- Stiff recyclable plastic cover to protect base
- Thick non-woven polypropylene fabric liner included
- Liner aids water retention, helps contain fine compost particles and further protects treated timber frame
- Capping included to provide quality finish
- Comes complete will all fixings and full assembly instructions
- Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests - 3.5cm thick timber
- All timber is high pressure treated with a safe preserve following consulation with Garden Organic
- Wooden fixing posts
- 3 year structural guarantee
- Ideal for gardeners with back problems
- Offers some protection from ground dwelling pests
- Raised bed micro-climate suited to growing strawberries, salads and herbs
- Supplied flat packed for easy assembly
- Full instructions included
- We strongly recommend the use of an electric screwdriver with a clutch for assembly and a Pozidrive (PZ2) screwdriver or screw bit
For crop protection equipment - including versatile frames, hoops and a range of fitted mesh covers - look no further than our Slot & Lock Cage kits and Fitted Hoop and Cover kits for great crop protection.
How Much Soil Will I Need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your beds is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your bed by the width and the depth in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres. To make things even easier; all the Rolawn soil we supply is delivered in 1000 litre tote bags so you can tell immediately how many bags you'll need to order. There is a calculator on the Rolawn Soil page or the example below should help you with this;
2.4m long x 1.8m wide x 20cm deep = (2.4 x 1.8 x 0.2) x 1000 = 864 litres - 1 x 1000 litre tote bag required
For the best growing results, we'd advise you to fill your beds with 75% topsoil and use a bulky organic matter - such as farmyard manure or home-made compost - to make up the other 25%. For more details on filling your raised bed, please contact our Customer Services Team.
The plant tables are sturdy and were packed for ease of identification. They do need slightly more carpentry skills than normal flat pack items so took a little longer to build, but they look good now they are finished, and should be very useful.
What The Press Say
Spring Makeover : 10 Quick Ideas For Sprucing Up