Superior Wooden Raised Bed Tables
Superior Wooden Raised Bed Tables are a variation on the stunning Superior Wooden Raised Bed design and as well as turning heads with the workmanship and design, they'll do wonders for your back too.
Made by us in the UK
Superior Wooden Raised Bed Tables are a variation on the stunning Superior Wooden Raised Bed designand as well as turning heads with the workmanship and design, they'll do wonders for your back by elevating your home grown vegetables up to a comfortable working height.
Using the same components which make the Superior Wooden Raised Beds so popular, the 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft) rectangular or 1.2m (4ft) square shapes of the Superior Raised Bed Tables suit most patio or garden spaces. Available in two generous depths, ideal for growing strawberries, salads, herbs and even deep rooted vegetables. The 2ft x 4ft tables stand 3ft high and the 4ft x 4ft tables stand 2ft 5" high.
The slatted base is covered with a stiff recyclable plastic cover, and included is a thick non-woven polypropylene fabric liner for better water rentention. The liner will help contain fine compost particles and provide further protection for the timber used in the raised bed table.
Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests the planed timber used in the manufacture of the Superior Wooden Raised Bed Tables is high pressure treated with a safe preserve and the beds carry a 3 year structural guarantee. We also offer the Standard Wooden Raised Bed Table, based on our fast selling Standard Wooden Raised Beds, which represents a no-frills version with no compromise on quality.
- Superior Raised Bed Tables currently only available in 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft) (1.2m (4ft) square sizes currently unavailable)
- Superior Raised Bed Tables are 20cm (8") or 40cm (16") deep
- The 2ft x 4ft tables stand 3ft high and the 4ft x 4ft tables stand 2ft 5" high.
- Timber slatted base
- Stiff recyclable plastic cover to protect base
- Thick non-woven polypropylene fabric liner included
- Liner aids water retention, helps contain fine compost particles and further protects treated timber frame
- Capping included to provide quality finish
- Comes complete will all fixings and full assembly instructions
- Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from susainably managed forests
- 3.5cm thick timber planks
- All timber is high pressure treated with a safe preserve following consultation with Garden Organic
- Stylish and chunky corner posts and capping
- Long lasting, extra-strong aluminium fixing brackets
- 3 year structural guarantee
- Ideal for gardeners with back problems
- Offers some protection from ground dwelling pests
- Raised bed micro-climate suited to growing strawberries, salads and herbs
- Up to 40cm of growing depth for carrots and other root crops
- Supplied flat packed for easy assembly
- Full instructions included
- We strongly recommend the use of an electric screwdriver with a clutch for assembly and a Pozidrive (PZ2) screwdriver or screw bit
For crop protection equipment - including versatile frames, hoops and a range of fitted mesh covers - look no further than our Slot & Lock Cage kits and Fitted Hoop and Cover kits for great crop protection.
How Much Soil Will I Need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your beds is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your bed by the width and the depth in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres. To make things even easier; all the Rolawn soil we supply is delivered in 1000 litre tote bags so you can tell immediately how many bags you'll need to order. There is a calculator on the Rolawn Soil page or the example below should help you with this;
2.4m long x 1.8m wide x 20cm deep = (2.4 x 1.8 x 0.2) x 1000 = 864 litres - 1 x 1000 litre tote bag required
For the best growing results, we'd advise you to fill your beds with 75% topsoil and use a bulky organic matter - such as farmyard manure or home-made compost - to make up the other 25%. For more details on filling your raised bed, please contact our Customer Services Team.
I have three of these 2' x 4' table planters now and am most satisfied with the quality of both the timber and the design. The timber used is very high quality indeed even for a commercial softwood. As suggested in the instructions, examine the side planks and choose the nicest face for the outside as some of the grain patterns are very attractive. If you are thinking of assembling one of these yourself I would strongly advise pre-drilling all the holes before attempting to use the stainless steel screws provided as the timber is dense. On my first planter I tried to just use a cordless screwdriver and it struggled when attaching the brackets to the legs. As soon as I used a wood drill bit to make pilot holes it was much happier and the rest of the assembly went very smoothly. One more tip - when fitting the metal brackets to the main legs you will notice that one side of the bracket has countersunk holes. This is the side that goes towards the main legs and this was not highlighted in the instructions. The soil liner could do with being a couple of inches taller as it is not as high as the soil depth when the planter is full. A little soil does escape down the corners of the planter because of this but once filled and compacted it is not an issue. We have two planters near the house for bush tomatoes and one more for heritage strawberries. The Harrod 1m x 1m aluminium strawberry cage is the perfect length to fit into one of these planters but you will need to reduce the width. I used a pipe cutter to cut the front to back tubes down to 42cm which was the correct width once the plastic corner pieces were fitted. Of course a hacksaw would do too.
The raised beds were exactly what we wanted. The right height, size and depth as well as looking extremely stylish. Excellent service from Harrod Horticultural. I would definitely recommend them.
What The Press Say
Product Reviews - Watering Cans
5 ***** Best Buy 2018 - This is a modern version of the traditional watering can. Made from heavy gauge steel with a hot dip zinc galvanised coating to resist rusting, this pea green watering can has a slim, oval shape. It comes with an all brass, fine rose and it has a domed lid to avoid spillage when watering. - available from Harrod Horticultural
Gardens IllustratedJune 2018
Raised Planters - small space planters for terraces and balcony gardens
Superior Wooden Raised Bed Table from Harrod Horticultural