Terms & Conditions
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team on 0333 400 6400 – Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or email email@example.com. Calls to 0333 numbers are usually chargeable at a local rate from both UK landlines and mobile phones. These calls are usually included within network providers ‘free minutes’ packages. Calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
Harrod UK Ltd
1-3 Pinbush Road
Telephone: 0333 400 6400
Registered in England No.875029
VAT Registered No.104 8573 75
When you place an order with us it will be deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
By placing an order through our website, you are making an offer to Harrod Horticultural Ltd to purchase the goods outlined in your order upon the terms described in your order.
Please be aware that we may not be able to change/amend or cancel your order when it has been picked in our Warehouse.
All of the prices on our website are shown and charged in GBP. Prices include VAT where applicable.
After placing an order online, we will provide you with a confirmation that your order has been received but this is not confirmation that your offer to buy the items has been accepted. Our contract for the sale of the products will only exist once an order has been accepted, charged, processed and despatched to you.
Please note we will not be able to meet any obligations as a result of the following reasons:-
- If the product ordered is out of stock.
- We are unable to authorise your payment.
- If it is identified that there is a product description or pricing error.
- If customers do not reach any order criteria outlined in the Terms & Conditions.
- If our delivery companies are temporarily unable to deliver your order due to exceptional conditions beyond our control such as accidents and hazardous weather.
If there is an issue with your order one of our Customer Service team will contact you either by phone or email.
Once an order has been despatched from our warehouse, we cannot cancel it, stop it or delay the delivery or change the delivery address.
Please check all items when you receive them, as faulty or damaged items must be reported within 14 days of receiving the parcel.
You can be confident of your security when shopping on our website. Our site is secure and is PCI DSS Compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) the information security standard for organisations that handle cardholder information. The standard was created to increase controls around cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure. For details on PCI compliance visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/.
On the website we can accept payment with Mastercard, Visa and Maestro. For American Express payments please call Customer Services on 0333 400 6400 to place your order.
PayPal payment is currently suspended.
We no longer accept cheque payments.
For credit card payments, payment is taken when the products are despatched from our warehouse.
Current Postage Charges:-
£3.95 Smaller Items
£5.95 Standard Delivery Charge
Express Delivery Service
Stock permitting we can offer an Express Delivery Service, pay £10.95 and we can despatch your parcel by next day delivery. Only applies to £3.95 & £5.95 postage rates. We must receive your order by 12 noon Monday-Thursday, orders placed after 12 noon Friday will be delivered the following Tuesday.
Standard Delivery Times
With stock permitting, we aim to despatch orders within 5-7 working days. Orders are then delivered within 3 working days from despatch. An email is sent when the order has been despatched. Some products will have longer delivery times, this will be highlighted on the product page. Saturday delivery would incur an extra delivery charge please call customer services for a quote.
Please Note: During National Holidays please allow longer for standard delivery items to be delivered.
Only Monday to Friday are classed as working days.
Direct Despatch Items – Some products are despatched directly from our suppliers. There are often longer delivery times on these items which are made clear on the specific product pages. Our suppliers may need to contact you to arrange a delivery time.
Greenhouse Deliveries - please allow 8-14 weeks for delivery. Please note that Greenhouses are delivered on lorries and if access is restricted then there will be an extra surcharge for delivery on a smaller vehicle. There is an additional surcharge for deliveries to Scotland, Wales, Cornwall and Devon - please call 0333 400 1444 for a quote.
Southwold Furniture - please see product pages for specific information - delivery usually between 2-6 weeks.
Time Sensitive Items - There are a number of products on the website which have time sensitive delivery. These include plants, trees, fruit bushes and biological pest control. The delivery window for such items can vary based on the weather which can result in delays which are out of our control. Please be aware that the delivery windows shown on these products are open to change.
For deliveries we use different couriers depending on the size, weight and number of parcels and it also depends if you have chosen express delivery. The most suitable courier is automatically selected depending on this.
Please note that all delivery charges are subject to change depending on the delivery location, the size and weight of the parcel. If we need to ask for additional delivery charges our customer service team will contact you prior to delivery.
The post and packing charge is for the UK mainland only, based on the highest tariff item in your basket. For delivery to some parts of Scotland, Scottish Isles, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and Channel Islands, our standard £5.95 delivery charge will default to £15.95; if your order includes £9.95, £14.95, £19.95 postage rate items or products from our furniture range please phone 0333 400 6400 (local rate) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Please note: We are unable to send orders to Northern Ireland unless to a registered business with an EORI Number. We are also unable to accept any orders from outside of the UK except for trade business.
Unfortunately, we are only able to send our biological pest control products - such as Nemaslug, whitefly control and ladybirds - to mainland UK addresses.
Our standard policy is that all orders over £50 in value require a delivery signature. However, we are able to arrange for orders above this total to be left without a signature at your discretion. We cannot accept any responsibility for goods once they have been left under these circumstances but we will be able to replace damaged products as per our normal terms and conditions.
We can of course leave any order under the value of £50 in the location of your choice – just indicate on the order form or inform us when phoning in your order where you’d like your goods left.
All items which are in stock will be despatched at the same time and are normally delivered to you within 5 working days.
Any out of stock goods will be marked ‘to follow’ on your invoice and will be sent as soon as we receive these from our suppliers.
We are able to accept orders to be delivered to most parts of Europe, but unfortunately, you will not be able to place your order online. If you could kindly contact our Customer Service team by email email@example.com with details of your order, we will then be able to calculate the cost of carriage and take your order if acceptable.
For details of whether we can ship to other countries, again, please contact us to see if we have the relevant shipping license and insurance to be able to send your order overseas.
We want you to be delighted with your order so if for any reason you are unhappy with your items, you can return them in perfect condition and in their original packaging within 14 days of receipt of the goods for a replacement or full refund.
Returns postage will only be refunded if the item is damaged, faulty or if the wrong items have been sent. We do not accept responsibility for damaged or lost parcels on return, so it is advisable to obtain a postal receipt, or send the goods back via recorded delivery.
Many of our products carry structural or framework guarantees.
Structural Guarantee - refers to the product remaining intact, still supporting itself and has not physically failed during the guarantee period.
- excludes damage caused by poor installation, ground conditions, exceptional weather including snow unless specifically stated in marketing material or instructions.
- excludes damage caused by plant stems / trunks / limbs expanding over time. Growth can exert extremely large forces on a structure over time and can force elements of a support or structure apart. It is the responsibility of the customer to monitor plant growth and take steps to prevent damage to the structure caused by the growth of plants.
- excludes the paint finish of a product unless the structure physically fails as a result of corrosion caused by the failure of an applied paint finish (this would constitute structural failure and therefore would be covered by the guarantee).
Framework Guarantee – refers to the framework of a product remaining intact and supporting itself for the guarantee period e.g. a fruit cage is still holding up the netting as intended to protect the crop inside the cage.
- excludes the failure of the netting or the netting fixings to the frame work.
- excludes damage caused by poor installation, ground conditions, exceptional weather including snow unless specifically stated in marketing material or instructions.
Sneeboer Guarantee - our range of Sneeboer Tools have a 10 year steelwork guarantee and the wooden handles have a 1 year guarantee. We can supply replacement handles for tools - please contact our customer service team for more information on 0333 400 6400.
The following video gives more information on how to replace a handle on a Sneeboer Tool - How To Change A Sneeboer Tool Handle
Returns / Replacements
Please telephone our Returns Department on 0333 400 6400 withing 14 days of receiving your goods and they will advise you whether they need to arrange for the item to be collected from you by a carrier company, or whether you need to return the item back to us via the Post Office; this will depend on the weight of the item in question. If the item was received damaged, or is faulty, you may be advised that the item does not need to be returned back to us at all.
If a collection needs to be arranged, this will be made for a weekday only, between standard working hours. If you are not able to be at home when the collection is to be made, you may leave the goods somewhere safe.
For furniture orders delivered by Harrod transport that are refused at point of delivery, a charge of £150 will be made to cover the logistic costs.
Whether you are returning the goods back to us via the Post Office, or a collection has been arranged, please complete our Return/Exchange form which can be downloaded here or visit out Returns Policy Page for more detailed information.
We will inspect the returned item and will issue a replacement or a refund if applicable usually using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. If there are any problems we will contact you.
Returned items must be in packaging and in a resaleable condition. If a returned product has to be resprayed due to damage we reserve the right to charge 20% of the RRP to cover this cost.
We try to process returns as soon as possible once they have reached the warehouse. This can take longer during busy periods.
Non-Returnable Items exempt from cancellation:-
- Bespoke Made to Order Products
- Cut to Size Netting
- Engraved Tools
- Live Pest Control
- Rolawn Topsoil
- Plants, Fruit Bushes and Trees
Product Pricing & Descriptions
Every product bought is sold subject to its product description which outlines any further specific conditions that relate to that product including approximate delivery dates/times and guarantees.
All Harrod products featured on the website are for self-assembly, except for our wire obelisks, plant supports and trellis.
We take care to ensure that all details, prices and descriptions of our products are accurate. We endeavour to keep the website as up-to-date and accurate as possible, but there may be very rare occasions when the information on the website (including product descriptions) at a certain time may not reflect the position exactly at the time the order is placed. We do not give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information and cannot be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information.
We aim to keep the colour representation of products accurate on the website but we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or device used to view the products on the website.
Some of our products are hand made or made using natural materials and have a unique finish, colour or natural imperfections meaning it may differ slightly from the product image shown on the website.
All Harrod Manufactured Products sizes are nominal, if you are looking for exact sizing for any of the products please contact us to check sizing before ordering.
With our timber products, as it is a natural product it is susceptible to shrinkage/swelling so therefore all sizes are nominal +/-5mm.
On rare occasions products may be incorrectly priced on our website. In these circumstances we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price or in accordance with the incorrect description or at all.
We reserve the right to correct any price errors as we see fit. If such a situation occurs we will contact you and can either cancel your order or repurchase at the correct price.
We reserve the right to amend any prices at any time.
From time to time we do give special promotional offers that are triggered by quoting a Promotional Code at the shopping basket. The terms of such offers are that only 1 Promotional Code - and therefore 1 offer - can be used per order.
RHS Offers - we often run promotions with the RHS, these offers apply to RHS endorsed products only as shown on the product pages.
When a free gift is offered a minimum spend is required - if stock runs out an alternative may be offered.
Discounts are not applicable on any Made to Measure products.
In the case of any promotions on the pricing of our range, the following exclusions apply:
- existing special offer prices, i.e. where there are existing savings on multiple purchases of a product, a further discount won't apply
- Rolawn products, e.g. topsoil, bark
- Various compost products
- Hotbin Composter
- Corten Firebowls, Tables, Pedestals and Water Bowls
- Galvanised Planters, Galvanised Waterbutt and Waterbutt Plinth
- Corten & Powder Coated Aluminium Screens
- Any other product which has ‘ THIS PRODUCT IS EXEMPT FROM ANY PROMOTIONS, DISCOUNTS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY’ or 'THIS PRODUCT IS EXEMPT FROM FREE DELIVERY' highlighted on the product page.
- Gift Vouchers
Product Review Monthly Prize Draw
Write a review and one winner each month will win £20 HARROD HORTICULTURAL VOUCHERS. A product review is chosen at random at the end of each month and the winner will receive their £20 worth of Gift Vouchers within 28 days. Details of winning entries will be posted to our website. All product reviews may be used for promotional purposes.
- Participants must be a UK resident and over the age of 18 to enter
- Winner will be randomly chosen from all qualifying entries
- Prize will be sent to the winner within 28 days of draw taking place
- Winning entrant's name may be used for promotional purposes
- Harrod Horticultural reserves the right to withdraw a competition or amend any part of it including these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees of Harrod UK Ltd (or their immediate families)
Competitions & Giveaways
From time to time we run competitions and giveaways on the website and via our social media platforms.
- These competitions and giveaways may be a solo promotion with Harrod Horticultural or a collaboration with carefully selected 3rd parties.
- The conditions of each competition or giveaway may vary slightly depending on the type of competition and giveaway offered.
- The conditions of entry will be stated on any information posted on the website or on social media about any given competition or giveaway.
- All participants must be a UK resident and over the age of 18 to enter.
- The winner(s) will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries.
- Depending on stock availability we will aim to send the prize to the winner(s) within 28 days of the winner(s) being chosen.
- Winning entrant(s) name may be used for promotional purposes.
- Harrod Horticultural reserves the right to withdraw a competition or amend any part of it including these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice.
- Competitions and Giveaways are not open to employees of Harrod UK Ltd (or their immediate families)
- By providing an email address you will be added to our mailing list and will receive regular newsletters and updates from Harrod Horticultural, you can unsubscribe from these at any time using the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Gift Vouchers are available in £5, £10, £20, £50 and £100 denominations.
- Gift Vouchers are posted to you without any charge for delivery if they are the only items on your order.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 24 months from the date of issue.
- We cannot accept payment via PayPal when using a voucher.
- To use your voucher online please enter the voucher code in the Promotional Code box on the basket page on the website.
- Vouchers can only be used once as full or part payment and are only redeemable in a single transaction.
- No change, credit or additional vouchers will be issued.
- Vouchers cannot be used to pay for delivery costs.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods.
All of the content of the pages on the website including pictures, logos, photographs, copy and other materials represent the copyright or registered trademark of Harrod Horticultural Ltd or it’s technology providers or their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
The modification, copying, circulation, reproduction, or incorporation of into any other work or part of or all of the content available on the Harrod Horticultural website is forbidden, with the exception of; Copying, printing (one copy) or downloading extracts of the content of the website for the sole purpose of using the website in good faith for placing an order or for non-commercial purposes.
Harrod Horticultural Ltd, a division of Harrod UK Ltd, invest heavily in design and development of our products and brands. We also invest heavily in protecting our intellectual property.
Harrod UK will not tolerate infringement of unregistered design right, patents, design registrations, trademarks or other intellectual property rights in original Harrod products.
Our Environmental Pledge
Along with our strong organic growing ethos, we believe in sustaining the environment too. Our timber products use timber sourced from sustainably managed forests and where possible our products are despatched using recycled cardboard and protective packaging for you to compost.
We are continually looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact with new ways of packaging and recycling.
We also support the WEEE (Waste Electrical And Electronic Equipment) Regulation.