Protect your densely planted and valuable raised bed-grown crops the easy way with a combination of our Fitted Hoops and Mesh Protection Covers - this duo will save you the hard work of initially deciding how to protect your crops and then wrestling with netting.
The 19mm diameter galvanised, rust-resistant steel hoops fit securely to the insides of our Allotment, Standard and Superior Timber Raised Beds and can also be used with both our Standard and Superior Raised Bed Tables too; the supplied brackets and screws and give up to 104cm (41") of pest-free growing height (54cm/21" in the case of the 60cm/2ft wide hoops). Just slip the made-to-fit, ultra-fine 0.25mm x 0.8mm insect-mesh covers over the hoops, snap on the clips, ease the elasticated and reinforced hem around the sides of the bed and secure with supplied hooks.
With five sizes of fitted mesh protection covers available and options to purchase hoops only, covers or kits of hoops and covers, we're confident this timber raised bed-friendly system will provide the complete garden crop protection solution!
Available Sizes: 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft); 0.6m x 1.8m (2ft x 6ft); 0.6m x 2.4m (2ft x 8ft); 1.2m x 1.2m (4ft x 4ft); 1.2m x 1.8m (4ft x 6ft); 1.2m x 2.4m (4ft x 8ft) and 1.8m x 1.8m (6ft x 6ft)
- Fitted Hoops and Mesh Protection Covers designed and manufactured in-house
- System developed to fit our wooden raised beds
- Choose from hoop only, cover only or hoops and cover kit options
- Hoops are manufactured from 19mm diameter galvanised tubular steel
- Maximum height of hoop an accommodating 104cm (41")
- Hoops for 2ft wide beds give 54cm (21" of growing height)
- 2 hoops supplied for 1.2m (4ft) long beds and 3 hoops for 1.8m (6ft) and 2.4m (8ft) long beds
- Hoops held firmly in position by brackets which screw to the inside of the bed
- Mesh covers made specifically to snugly fit hoops and beds
- Say goodbye to grappling with awkward shaped pieces of netting
- Mesh is ultra-fine (0.25mm x 0.8mm) and small enough to exclude aphids and other flies and beetles
- Made-to-measure nets have a reinforced elasticated hem
- Covers supplied complete with push-on clips and screw-in hooks
- Hoops can also be covered with other netting from our range if desired
- Fitted Mesh Vented PVC Covers also available for early and late season and hothouse growing
- Fitted Butterfly Net Covers also available to protect brassica crops from butterflies
Great Savings when buying complete Hoop and Cover Kits!
Very well made and robust product, used over a bed of salad veg which the sparrows were laying waste to .... a little unwieldy to put the cover on/off as the elastic fitting is pretty tight but then it needs to be.... Sparrows thwarted!
Sturdy and long lasting,second I have bought, I use all year around with great results, the elasticated bottom I have found works better than the pvc cover
After finding the items I wanted in the booklet, ordering online was easy. Delivery was quick. The product, supports and nets for raised vegetable beds, were excellent, with good growing height for the vegetables, and easy to fit. The fitted nets with the elasticated bottom was an excellent design, and so easy to lift to pick the vegetables.
All our Hoop & Cover Kits neatly fit our range of raised beds, and the 3 covers - PVC/Mesh, Butterfly Netting and Insect Mesh - provide year round protection for your crops.
- Heavy duty, galvanised and rust resistant steel hoops fit securely to the insides of thebed with the supplied brackets and screws. All hoops are 19mm diameter but heights vary according to width size
- 4ft long beds = 2 hoops - 6ft long beds = 3 hoops.
- Mesh Vented PVC cover lets you start growing earlier or extend the season. It combines strong, extra thick UV stabilised PVC with large zipped full width dual skinned PVC & insect-mesh panels on both sides. Unzip to reveal the insect-mesh panel or fully unzip and roll up for direct access.
- Insect-Mesh cover is a fine 0.25mm x 0.8mm mesh size to keep out the smallest of pests.
- UV stabilised for longevity, it allows air and water to circulate, provides shade and protects against weather elements - including mild frosts.
- Butterfly Net cover has a strong, soft and pliable 7mm knitted mesh size. Keeps out the Cabbage White Butterfly and birds too.
- All covers secure inside the bed with ground pegs (not supplied) except for the Insect-Mesh cover that eases round the bed, tightens with drawstring and secures to sides with supplied hooks.
- Hoop kits and covers are available separately or SAVE £'s buying complete kits
What The Press Say
Crop Protection - A raised bed makes it easy to protect crops with a variety of covers
"These galvanised rust-resistant steel hoops create a frame for mesh, netting or fleece and at 110cm (43in) high will easily cover taller crops, such as fruit bushes or brassicas. Mesh covers cut to shape and secured by hooks are also supplied, either sold together as a kit or separately..."