The Harrod Slot & Lock® Black Coated Aluminium Vegetable Cage (1.5m H) with butterfly netting is designed to the same exacting standards as the 1.2m version but provides a further 30cm of growing space making it ideal as a brassica cage.
Fruit bushes will also feel at home inside the matt black powder coated aluminium framework (unobtrusive in colour - in fact it’s practically invisible!) which is simple and very quick to assemble, can be taken down in the blink of an eye and takes up little room when storing - and being aluminium, the tubing will not rust. The durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors simply push onto the 1.2mm gauge aluminium tubing framework and are securely held in place by tightening the stainless steel screws, allowing the cage configuration to be easily changed - and with butterfly-busting 7mm square mesh butterfly netting, designed specifically to keep your cabbages caterpillar-free, as the first line of defence, your vegetables will never have had it so good!
The framework itself comprises strong and corrosion resistant 16mm aluminium tubing, powder coated black, which is secured using our Award Winning Harrod Slot & Lock® Connectors. The cages have also been updated to include the Harrod Net Claw Pegs - an innovative peg which is inserted into the ground once and use the tension of the netting to hook and unhook the netting from the claw teeth, saves unpegging and any potential net damage.
All cages up to 3m x 3m are supplied with a fitted net, larger cages are supplied with a netting pack that may be larger than required, but can be trimmed if there is too much excess netting.
Extending your black coated aluminium vegetable cage is simple as well as all the aluminium tubing components, netting, pegs and Slot & Lock connectors are available separately – we’ve even got Slot & Lock brace kits to give your vegetable cage extra rigidity in windy and exposed locations and in light soil.
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Black Coated Aluminium Vegetable Cage kits stand 1.5m H
- Framework made from matt black powder coated aluminium tubing
- 16mm diameter tubing
- 1.2mm wall thickness
- Uprights measure 1.8m for 30cm ground insertion
- Upright tubing caps provided
- Tubing held securely together by durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Available in a number of length and width options
- Covered with 7mm mesh butterfly netting
- Netting keeps out crop-wrecking butterflies but allows smaller pollinating insects through
- Assemble and dismantle in minutes
- Connectors hold tubing firmly in position - no turning, spinning or falling out
- Supplied complete with assembly instructions
- Cage kit includes all tubing, connectors, netting and innovative harrod claw netting pegs
- All components also available separately
- Extending cage or changing configuration simple
- Black coated aluminium tubing practically invisible
- Full 1.5m of growing height
- Aluminium non-rusting so will last years
- Ideal for crop rotation
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
- Intermediate uprights are only included on cage lengths over 3m
N.B. all cages up to 3m x 3m have fitted netting for easier access to beds.