Clematis Rouge Cardinal, commonly known as Virgin's bower is a deciduous, late flowering clematis with large single crimson velvet flowers 10cm (4in) across with red-brown anthers.
Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F), will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Prune back previous year's shoots to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above soil level before growth begins in early spring.
- Clematis Rouge Cardinal (Virgin's bower)
- Single crimson velvet flowers 10cm (4in) across with red-brown anthers
- Deciduous - late flowering
- Flowers on current year's shoots
- Prefers full sun - shade roots and base
- Plant in fertile well drained soil - humus-rich
- Mulch in late winter
- Flowers June to September
- Supplied singularly or in packs of 3
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery