Our Roman Garden Arches combine our own manufacturing excellence with a design which is definitely 'tried and tested' resulting in metal garden arches incredible in both simplicity and looks.
The semi-circular span of the Roman Arch is particularly suited for climbing ornamentals, vegetables, fruit trees and often used as rose arches. It is often the case that a single arch is not enough. Multiple arches can be used to create a stunning tunnel effect in your garden, sure to be a real garden focal point. With the top quality materials used in this steel garden arch, you can be sure it will be around for years!
As well as the pre-galvanised extra strength 1.5mm thick x 25mm square steel with a matt black powder coated finish, the RHS endorsed Roman Arch boasts flush fitting plastic-capped steel connectors and black stainless steel bolts, and with numerous fixed width, height and depth options, from 1.2m wide to 3m wide and heights from 2.3m up to 2.95m, you'll have no problems spanning a pathway or bed.
Like the other stunning garden arch designs in our range - the Ogee and Gothic - the Roman metal garden arch is designed to be installed directly into the soil (we've provided an additional 40cm on each upright to secure into the ground along with optional floor fixing pins).
With that RHS endorsement and a 10 year structural guarantee behind it, you can be sure the Roman Garden Arch will prove to be a valuable and long lasting focal point in your garden.
- Roman Garden Arch endorsed by the RHS
- Designed and manufactured by us in the UK
- 10 year framework guarantee
- Available in numerous fixed width and height options
- Roman Arches available in 60cm, 1.05m and 1.55m depths
- Smallest arch is 1.2m W x 2.29m H
- Next up is the 1.5m W x 2.45m H
- Medium sized Roman Arch measures 2m W x 2.7m H
- Large Roman Garden Arch measures 2.5m W x 2.95m H
- The Largest Wide Garden Arch is an imposing 3m W x 2.8m H
- All measurements are external
- Unique 25mm x 1.5mm wall square section steel framework provides exceptional strength
- Steel Framework is fully galvanised and matt black polyester powder coated for a weatherproof finish
- Black flush fitting connectors include steel inserts for greater strength and rigidity
- Heavy duty black stainless steel bolts
- Roman Arch is designed to be installed directly into soil
- Roman Arch uprights are an additional 40cm long for securing/digging into soil
- Hole former available for easy ground installation
- Ideal for roses, clematis, honeysuckle and all climbing plants including vegetables
- Create a magical tunnel effect with a series of arches
- Ideal for segmenting garden or framing a feature plant or structure
- Self Assembly required - Full assembly and installation instructions provided
- Ideal for Climbers and Evergreen Climbers - particularly roses, hydrangea, vitis, campsis, celastrus, hedera, clematis, trachelospermum and actinidia
EXTRA OPTIONS & MADE TO MEASURE!
We are here to help with your Garden Arch Project and can offer a complete Made to Measure Service if you can't see the ideal size for your garden, we can also offer bespoke colours upon request. We have previously created a Roman Arch with Gate & Estate Fencing, a run of 4 Roman Linked Arches with half lattice or without and a Roman garden arch with pillars as a wonderful entrance to a garden, in a bespoke design.
Above Ground Fixings
If you wish to fix your Garden Arch above ground on a concrete surface, we can supply surface mount sockets that the arch uprights can then slot into. Please call 0333 400 1444 (8.30am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri) for details or email email@example.com
It has taken us a while to put it together but once we unpacked it, and looked over the instructions (which were very easy to follow) it didn't take us long to put together. It's very well made and looks very sturdy and good quality. I'm very pleased with it.
Loved this arch, strong and stable. The coating looks good and it was easy to erect
ROMAN GARDEN ARCHES
Our Roman Arches are simple yet stunningly attractive and just made for creating a tunnel effect. Like the other members of our RHS-endorsed Superior Garden Arch Range the Roman Garden Arches are perfect for training all climbing ornamentals, fruit and vegetables.
Designed, developed and manufactured exclusively in our Suffolk factory, the Garden Arch range utilises the very best materials, proven over many years as part of our renowned Steel Fruit Cage Range and carries a 10 year structural guarantee.
Below Ground Installation
We allow an extra 40cm/16" on the uprights to insert directly into the ground which should then be concreted into place if soil is soft. We recommend an optional Hole Former to assist whilst our optional Ground Sockets make for an even easier installation and further improve on the already exceptional stability of the arches in soft soils.
If you want to install the arches above ground on a patio or concrete surface we can supply alternative installation fixings - contact our Bespoke Made to Measure team on 0333 400 1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What The Press Say
Making an Entrance
Nothing frames a garden entrance like a beautiful Arch. When draped in fragrant colourful blooms or as a pergola they help to guide you along a pathway. It's our instinct to go through a doorway, arch or garden gate to see what delights await us on the other side!
The arches provided by Harrod Horticultural have enhanced the beauty of the formal gardens, providing a focal point to draw the eye and frame the walkways and borders.
How to LINK your arches
Linked Garden Arches
A breathtaking floral arch walkway is an ideal way to gracefully lead from one section of the garden to another.
By choosing to link individual arches together, up to a distance of 3.5 metres between each one, you can achieve the visual impact of a tunelled effect from only 30% extra.
Distances can be covered cost effectively by linking multiple arches at up to 3.5m distance between each one using 3 connector bars and a 2mm diameter multi-strand galvanised steel cable plant support system. This achieves a tunnelled effect using less metal than a pergola which features a rack of uprights and connecting bars throughout.
3 Easy Steps for a Quote to Link Your Arches...
To create a stunning tunnel effect by linking your garden arches all you have to do is complete our simple Online Quotation Form, call our Expert Design Team on 0333 400 1444 (8.30am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri) or email email@example.com with the following details for a free no obligation quote:
- Choose Your Arch Design - Roman, Gothic or Ogee
- Specify the size of the arch and the number of individual arches you require.
- Measure the length of garden space you wish to cover.
How is it Done?
To link individual arches together we use 3 connector bars made from the same 1.5mm thick x 25mm square, black powder coated galvanised steel section used on the arches themselves.
In addition, each tunnel is fitted with lines of 2mm diameter high strength galvanised multi-strand steel cable that run to a maximum of 3.5m between each arch.
This cable passes through stainless steel eyelets to offer an incredibly strong and attractive support system to train all forms of climbers you choose to clothe the walkway with.
The image above shows 4 individual gothic arches, each measuring 2m wide x 2.77m high and 60cm deep, covering an overall length of 10m.
Our expert design team have previously created a Roman Arch with Gate & Estate Fencing, a run of 4 Roman Linked Arches with half lattice and a Roman garden arch with pillars as a wonderful entrance to a garden, in a bespoke design.
Installing your arch on hard ground or concrete?
We can supply surface mount sockets for the uprights to slot into. These can be secured with galvanised steel pins for hard ground or special bolts for concrete.
This option costs approx. 25-30% extra.
Call 0333 400 1444 (local rate) for details. (8.30am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri)