The secret of the success of the portable vegetable cage is the very tough but exceptionally light, matt black powder coated 16mm aluminium tubing which forms a rigid framework, ably assisted by our hi-tech, durable and reusable, black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors.
The Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Portacage has also been updated and now features the innovative and award winning Storm Proof Clips to prevent wind and snow damage to the cage. The fitted 7mm mesh butterfly netting is secured to the framework with the clips, which will detach from the framework in high winds or heavy snowfall. The netting then drops over the crops and prevents the frame being damaged or buckled. Heavy Duty U-Shaped Anchors are also available separately to provide even greater stability to the Portacage (see accessories below)
This protective, freestanding structure can easily be lifted by one or two people and moved from bed to bed - ideal for crop rotation - and with 1.5m of clear growing height and our reliable fitted 7mm soft butterfly netting, your fruit and vegetables inside will be as safe as houses!
Suitable for use over a small pond as well as in the kitchen garden, the Harrod Slot & Lock® aluminium portable vegetable cage can be taken down in the blink of an eye and takes up little room when storing - and being aluminium, the black tubing (practically invisible when in position) will not rust. The Slot & Lock connectors simply push onto the 1.2mm gauge aluminium tubing framework and are securely held in place by tightening the stainless steel screws, allowing the cage configuration to be easily changed.
Extending your aluminium vegetable cage is simple as well as all the aluminium tubing components, netting, pegs and Slot & Lock connectors and Slot & Lock brace kits are available separately.
Please Note:- The Slot & Lock Cages can be modified by cutting the aluminium tubing - if you can't see the perfect size then buy a size larger and cut the tubing to fit. We are unable to offer a bespoke design service for our Slot & Lock Cages.
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Portacages stand 1.5m H
- Framework made from matt black powder coated aluminium tubing
- Updated design includes Storm Proof Clips to prevent damage in high winds or heavy snowfall
- Fitted 7mm soft mesh butterfly netting secures easily to framework with the storm proof clips
- 16mm diameter tubing
- Upright tubing caps provided
- 1.2mm wall thickness
- Tubing held securely together by durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Available in a number of length and width options
- Netting keeps out crop-wrecking butterflies but allows smaller pollinating insects through
- Assemble and dismantle in minutes
- Connectors hold tubing firmly in position - no turning, spinning or falling out
- Ground frame makes cage competely portable - no pushing uprights into soil
- Ideal for spot protection of ripening or fruiting crops
- Tall enough to accommodate fruit bushes - place over when fruit is developing and ripening
- Supplied complete with assembly instructions
- Cage kit includes all tubing, connectors, fitted netting and storm proof clips. Steel ground pegs are available separately.
- All components also available separately
- Extending cage or changing configuration is simple
- Full 1.5m of growing height
- Black coated aluminium non-rusting so will last years
- Ideal for crop rotation
- Can also be used to cover and protect ponds
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly.
- Heavy Duty U-Shaped Anchors available separately
Second portacage i have bought from Harrod, easy to assemble , I built raised beds and they fit perfectly, highly recommend
I ordered a portable storm-proof vegetable cage. It arrived well packaged. It was easy to assemble and is robust and good quality.
What The Press Say
The Edible GardenSpring 2012
Protect your crops with the new Slot and Lock Aluminium Portacage...a treat for all fruit and vegetable growers. This nifty yet practical portable cage is tough and exceptionally light...the freestanding structure is ideal for crop rotation with 1.5m of growing height and a covering of soft mesh butterfly netting.