A non-toxic wood stain preserver which gives a rustic, aged weathered look and only needs applying once sounds like the stuff of dreams to wooden raised bed gardeners and DIY enthusiasts – but Eco-Wood Treatment is a reality!
Supplied in packets which are simply mixed with water, the environmentally safe treatment is available in both 4.5 and 22 litre sizes and can be painted onto raised beds, fences, decking, wooden panels and plenty of other timber garden structures.
Eco-Wood treatment can be used both indoors and out, the finished silvery patina/high end aged weathered look compliments any garden setting and you’re safe in the knowledge that when applying the natural organic treatment, no inert particles are added. It is a proven non-toxic wood preservative which prevents white rot fungi and most insects excluding termites
Eco Wood Treatment supplied in 4.5 and 22 litre sizes
- Simply dilute with water to use
- 4.5 litre pack - mix the supplied powder with 4.5 litres of water
- 22 litre pack - mix the supplied powder with 22 litres of water
- 4.5 litre pack treats 14sqm
- 22 litre pack treats 70sqm
- One treatment lasts a lifetime
- Can be used on already treated wood - such as the Harrod Wooden Raised Beds.
- Treatment is a powder composed of natural substances derived from minerals
- Contains no solvents and leaves no harmful residue in water or soil
- Perfectly safe to use on raised beds for growing edible plants
- Contains only 100% organic compounds
- Will not wear off, fade or peel
- Eco Wood Stain Treatment spreads and covers the exposed wood as cracking occurs
- Use on raised beds, fences, decking and all timber garden structures
- Suitable for use indoors and out
- Gives an attractive weathered finish
- Eco Wood Stain Treatment enhances natural colour, grain and beauty of wood
- Penetrates wood fibres for long-lasting protection
- Prevents white rot fungi and most insects excluding termites
- Apply with a brush, roller, sprayer or by dipping
- Dries in around an hour depending on the weather
- Once treated timber can be put in soil straightaway
- It is advised that if wood is penetrating the soil that a triple strength soak should be used
- Safe to use around plants and pets
- VOC Free
- Once mixed the wood treatment can be stored in a sealed plastic container for up to a year
- Can be tinted - mix the contents of the small pack with approximately 5 ounces of any water-based tint
The treatment comes as a powder. this is added to a fixed amount of water. I applied it with a large paintbrush, over a large baby bath which caught the run-off. I still have a large proportion of it kept in 2L milk bottles. I used it 2-3 years ago, in another project ,and the wood is still solid. I do not know if it harms micro-organisms, as some of the enclosed soil is very productive, but other parts are not. I think it is harmless, but am not 100% sure.
Good product. Bought the water based non toxic preserver for vegetable beds. Easy to use and looks good once applied. Would buy again.