Use the extremely useful, no-nonsense Hole Former to create pilot holes for both our Fruit and Vegetable Cages and below ground models of our Garden Arches in stony, rock hard soil.
The stubborn, 3.25mm gauge steel bar defies all sorts of unfavourable soil conditions - stones, flint, brick, builders' debris and heavily compacted ground - to heroically create the perfect holes for arch and fruit cage uprights and will withstand heavy and prolonged hammering from a mallet or sledge hammer. The 25.4mm diameter by 800mm long steel home former can also be used when installing sockets if the conditions prove too tough to drive in directly.
- Hole Former measures 25.4mm Dia x 800mm
- Steel is 3.25mm thick
- Designed for use in all unfavourable soil conditions
- Creates perfect pilot hole for fruit cage and arch uprights
- Can also be used to install sockets in adverse soil
- Tough enough to withstand heavy hammering through compacted and stony soils
Forming the hole was fine initially, but the hole collapsed as soon as the hole former was removed, and soil, etc., got jammed very tightly and solidly inside the tube and was very difficult to remove. Sounds a good idea, but not up to expectations. At least it wasn't unduly expensive!
A sturdy item. Would certainly have struggled without it.And it will remain useful in future.