Our Durable Strawberry Cages stand 45cm above ground - ample height for strawberries and even low growing vegetables also requiring protection - the 16mm diameter matt black powder coated aluminium tubing forms a tough framework, held together by the equally effective, durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors which simply push onto the 1.2mm gauge aluminium tubing framework and are securely held in place by tightening the stainless steel screws, allowing the cage configuration to be easily changed.
The framework itself comprises strong and corrosion resistant 16mm aluminium tubing, powder coated matt black, which is secured using our Award Winning Harrod Slot & Lock® Connectors. The cages have also been updated to include the Harrod Net Claw Pegs - an innovative peg which is inserted into the ground once and use the tension of the netting to hook and unhook the netting from the claw teeth, saves unpegging and any potential net damage.
Heavy duty 20mm diamond mesh anti-bird netting is the icing on top of the cage cake, allowing smaller pollinating insects to pass through at flowering time but preventing birds from prematurely devouring the ripening crop - and with all the component parts available separately, extending one of the many standard size options of Harrod Slot & Lock® black coated aluminium strawberry cage is not a difficult task.
- The Slot & Lock Cages can be modified by cutting the aluminium tubing - if you can't see the perfect size then buy a size larger and cut the tubing to fit.
- Strawberry Cage netting is not fitted.
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Black Coated Aluminium Strawberry Cage kits stand 0.45m H
- Framework made from matt black powder coated aluminium tubing
- 16mm diameter tubing
- Uprights are 65cm so 20cm can be inserted into the ground
- 1.2mm wall thickness
- Upright tubing caps provided
- Tubing held securely together by durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Available in a number of length and width options
- Covered with 20mm diamond mesh anti-bird netting
- Netting keeps out greedy birds but allows smaller pollinating insects through
- Assemble and dismantle in minutes
- Connectors hold tubing firmly in position - no turning, spinning or falling out
- Supplied complete with assembly instructions
- Cage kit includes all tubing, connectors, netting and innovative Harrod Net Claw Peg
- All components also available separately
- Extending cage or changing configuration simple
- Black coated aluminium tubing practically invisible
- Full 45cm of growing height
- Aluminium non-rusting so will last years
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
- Intermediate uprights are only included on cage lengths over 3m
- NB. Strawberry cage netting is not a fitted net for the cage
- We recommend removing the netting over winter to prevent any potential damage from heavy snow and high winds