The Harrod Slot & Lock® Black Coated Aluminium Vegetable Cage with butterfly netting is the ideal structure for protecting vulnerable brassicas and all kinds of home grown garden or allotment vegetables thanks to the highly effective three-pronged defence provided by the durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors, tough 16mm diameter matt black powder coated aluminium uprights and top rods and the butterfly-busting 7mm square mesh butterfly netting, designed specifically to keep your cabbages caterpillar-free!
Providing a very useful 1.2m of growing height, the black aluminium framework is unobtrusive in colour (in fact it’s practically invisible!), simple and very quick to assemble, can be taken down in the blink of an eye and takes up little room when storing - and being aluminium, the tubing will not rust. The Slot & Lock connectors simply push onto the black aluminium tubing framework and are securely held in place by tightening the stainless steel screws, allowing the cage configuration to be easily changed.
The framework itself comprises strong and corrosion resistant 16mm aluminium tubing, powder coated black, which is secured using our Award Winning Harrod Slot & Lock® Connectors. The cages have also been updated to include the Harrod Net Claw Pegs - an innovative peg which is inserted into the ground once and use the tension of the netting to hook and unhook the netting from the claw teeth, saves unpegging and any potential net damage.
All cages up to 3m x 3m are supplied with a fitted net, larger cages are supplied with a netting pack that may be larger than required, but can be trimmed if there is too much excess netting.
Extending your black coated aluminium vegetable cage is simple as well as all the aluminium tubing components, netting, pegs and Slot & Lock connectors are available separately – we’ve even got Slot & Lock brace kits to give your vegetable cage extra rigidity in windy and exposed locations and in light soil. Vegetable growing has never been this easy!
Please Note:- The Slot & Lock Cages can be modified by cutting the aluminium tubing - if you can't see the perfect size then buy a size larger and cut the tubing to fit.
- All Black Coated Aluminium Vegetable Cage Kits stand 1.2m H
- Framework made from matt black powder coated aluminium tubing
- 16mm diameter tubing
- Uprights measure 1.45m so 25cm can be inserted into the ground
- Upright tubing caps provided
- 1.2mm wall thickness
- Tubing held securely together by durable and reusable black nylon Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Available in a number of length and width options
- Covered with 7mm mesh butterfly netting
- Netting keeps out crop-wrecking butterflies but allows smaller pollinating insects through
- Assemble and dismantle in minutes
- Connectors hold tubing firmly in position - no turning, spinning or falling out
- Supplied complete with assembly instructions
- Cage kit includes all tubing, connectors, netting and innovative Harrod Claw Net Pegs
- All components also available separately
- Extending cage or changing configuration simple
- Black coated aluminium tubing practically invisible
- Full 1.2m of growing height
- Aluminium non-rusting so will last years
- Ideal for crop rotation
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
- Intermediate uprights are only included on cage lengths over 3m
N.B. all cages up to 3m x 3m have fitted netting for easier access to beds.