Harrod Wire Bean Columns
Harrod Wire Bean Columns are based on our popular wire obelisks, available in round or square designs all crafted from solid 10mm gauge round steel rods and come complete with strong netting to support climbing plants
Made by us in the UK
Harrod Wire Bean Columns are available in 2 finishes NATURAL RUST, a timeless look for traditional or contemporary gardens that is supplied as unpainted steel which quickly develops an even rust coating over time or the classic MATT BLACK POWDER COATING as used on all Harrod steel products. Both of the finishes have a 10 YEAR STRUCTURAL GUARANTEE and are made from strong 10mm gauge steel rods, double the thickness of many similar designs.
These bean frame obelisks are available in 2 designs, the round wire bean column measures 2.05m high and the square wire bean column measures 2.12m high. Both obelisk style plant supports are supplied with solid 30cm long U anchors for secure ground fixing.
To help support the climbing plants, heavy-duty netting is supplied with each of the bean obelisks. This strong, notted netting has 80mm square mesh and is ideal for supporting runner beans and other heavy climbers.
- Exclusive Designed & Made by us in UK
- Wire Bean Columns are ideal for runner beans amd other climbing plants
- 10 Year Structural Guarantee
- 2 distinctive finishes - natural rust & matt black powder coating
- Supplied with strong knotted heavy-duty plant support netting
- Round Bean Column Measures 2.05m/6ft10" High x 0.47m/1ft7" Wide
- Square Bean Column measures 2.12m/6ft11" High x 0.39m/1ft3" Wide
- 10mm gauge round steel rods - double the thickness of many similar designs
- Supplied with solid steel 30cm L U anchors - 4 per obelisk
Please Note: Square Rust Finish Bean Column GDA-131 is Out of Stock till January
Substantial (and quite pricey...) this stylish column is worth 5 stars but the netting (which isn't that easy to attach neatly) needs rethinking as it turns a stylish item into something looking pretty tacky. The beans won't mind that but the gardener might and depending what you're using it for many plants will find a way anyway: I'll use the (substantial) netting for something else. Too early to rate performance but fixes firmly and I assume long-lasting performance will be good. There was a 2 week delay between ordering and arrival.