Harrod Espalier Growing Frame
The Harrod Espalier Growing Frame uses high quality components, carefully designed with the ideal spacing between steel posts and steel wires to optimise your espalier fruit tree growth...More information
Exclusively designed and manufactured by us in the UK the Espalier Growing Frame is perfect for the fruit garden, ideal for training pears and apples.
The steel framework is galvanised inside and out and powder coated matt black for an attractive long lasting finish. The frame is supplied with discreet blackened stainless steel fixings and has a 10 year framework guarantee. Each upright post is finished with a stylish ball finial and the support cross bars ensure a strong and rigid frame.
The support wire is 2mm diameter high strength, galvanised multi-strand steel cable. It passes through holes in the steel posts and uses professional gripple system tensioners that provide an incredibly strong and attractive support system to train your fruit trees.
How to order your Espalier Frame:
- Buy a Frame Starter Kit - Choose 1m, 1.5m or 2m span. Each starter kit is supplied with 2 uprights, crossbars, 6 professional gripple system tensioners, 6 cable clips and fixings.
- Add as many extension kits to achieve the desired length. Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans and are available as straight extensions, 90o extensions and angle extensions which offer a wider angle range of 45o to 195o.
- Order your Plant Support Cable. To calculate the length required add the distance of each continuous fence section, add 1m for the end loops and then multiply by 3 - e.g. 2m starter kit would need 2m + 1m (for end loops) = 3m then multiply by 3 = 9m of cable required.
- Optional Fence Braces available (inc. 40cm steel pin) if required. These offer extra support in soft soil and it is advised to use these on fence systems more than 2 bays long.
- Espalier Frame stands 1.6m/5ft 3" high
- Inserts 40cm/16" into the ground
- Galvanised Steel Frame - 1" square x 1.5mm thick box section
- Matt Black Powder coated
- All stainless steel fixings are blackened for a discreet finish
- 10 year framework guarantee
- Starter Kits available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits available as straight extensions, 90o extensions & angle extensions with a range of 45o to 195o
- Extension kits supplied with additional clips and fixings
- Plant Support Cable - high strength 2mm diameter multi strand galvanised steel cable - supplied by the metre
- Professional quality Gripple System tensioners used with the steel cable