Exclusively designed and manufactured by us in the UK the Espalier Growing Frame is perfect for the fruit garden, ideal for training pears and apples.
The steel framework is galvanised inside and out and powder coated matt black for an attractive long lasting finish. The frame is supplied with discreet blackened stainless steel fixings and has a 10 year framework guarantee. Each upright post is finished with a stylish ball finial and the support cross bars ensure a strong and rigid frame.
The support wire is 2mm diameter high strength, galvanised multi-strand steel wire. It passes through holes in the steel posts and uses professional gripple system tensioners that provide an incredibly strong and attractive support system to train your fruit trees.
How to order your Espalier Frame:
- Buy a Frame Starter Kit - Choose 1m, 1.5m or 2m span. Each starter kit is supplied with 2 uprights, crossbars, 6 professional gripple system tensioners, 6 cable clips and fixings.
- Add as many extension kits to achieve the desired length. Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans and are available as straight extensions, 90o extensions and angle extensions which offer a wider angle range of 45o to 195o.
- Order your Plant Support Wire. To calculate the length of wire required add the distance of each continuous fence section, add 1m for the end loops and then multiply by 3 - e.g. 2m starter kit would need 2m + 1m (for end loops) = 3m then multiply by 3 = 9m of cable required.
- Optional Fence Braces available (inc. 40cm steel pin) if required. These offer extra support in soft soil and it is advised to use these on fence systems more than 2 bays long. Buy as single brace or Save £10 with a set of 2. The braces need to be fitted at a 45 degree angle in order to work effectively. Each brace measures 0.75m long and they extend approx. 0.65m from the upright.
- Espalier Frame stands 1.6m/5ft 3" high out of the ground with 40cm designed to be ground inserted.
- Inserts 40cm/16" into the ground
- Galvanised Steel Frame - 1" square x 1.5mm thick box section
- Matt Black Powder coated
- All stainless steel fixings are blackened for a discreet finish
- 10 year framework guarantee
- Starter Kits available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits available as straight extensions, 90o extensions & angle extensions with a range of 45o to 195o
- Extension kits supplied with additional clips and fixings
- Plant Support Wire - high strength 2mm diameter multi strand galvanised steel wire - supplied by the metre
- Professional quality Gripple System tensioners used with the steel wire
- Wire positioning on uprights - Top Hole 577mm from top of upright / 397mm from top cross bar, Middle Hole 987mm from top of upright / 807mm from top cross bar, Bottom Hole 1397 from top of upright / 1217mm from top cross bar
- Self assembly
Please note: The Steel Wire has to be ordered separately to fit the length of Esaplier Frame ordered. See How to Order point no.3 above for details of how much Steel Wire your Espalier Frame will need.
The frame went in fairly easily (btw female late 50's managed to do it on her own) and seems very sturdy. It looks really attractive and although it's a tad expensive, when I looked into buying everything separately, I couldn't have done it for much less. My only niggle is with the gripples which keep coming loose. I ended up wasting some of the cable but Harrod Horticultural very kindly sent me some replacement free of charge. I am very pleased with the product and would recommend.
High quality product and ease of assembly and fixing makes a superb addition to our garden