Harrod Espalier Growing Frame
The Harrod Espalier Growing Frame uses high quality components, carefully designed with the ideal spacing between steel posts and steel wires to optimise your espalier fruit tree growth.
Made by us in the UK
Exclusively designed and manufactured by us in the UK the Espalier Growing Frame is perfect for the fruit garden, ideal for training pears and apples.
The steel framework is galvanised inside and out and powder coated matt black for an attractive long lasting finish. The frame is supplied with discreet blackened stainless steel fixings and has a 10 year framework guarantee. Each upright post is finished with a stylish ball finial and the support cross bars ensure a strong and rigid frame.
The support wire is 2mm diameter high strength, galvanised multi-strand steel wire. It passes through holes in the steel posts and uses professional gripple system tensioners that provide an incredibly strong and attractive support system to train your fruit trees.
How to order your Espalier Frame:
- Buy a Frame Starter Kit - Choose 1m, 1.5m or 2m span. Each starter kit is supplied with 2 uprights, crossbars, 6 professional gripple system tensioners, 6 cable clips and fixings.
- Add as many extension kits to achieve the desired length. Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans and are available as straight extensions, 90o extensions and angle extensions which offer a wider angle range of 45o to 195o.
- Order your Plant Support Wire. To calculate the length of wire required add the distance of each continuous fence section, add 1m for the end loops and then multiply by 3 - e.g. 2m starter kit would need 2m + 1m (for end loops) = 3m then multiply by 3 = 9m of cable required.
- Optional Fence Braces available (inc. 40cm steel pin) if required. These offer extra support in soft soil and it is advised to use these on fence systems more than 2 bays long. Buy as single brace or Save £10 with a set of 2. The braces need to be fitted at a 45 degree angle in order to work effectively. Each brace measures 0.75m long and they extend approx. 0.65m from the upright.
- Espalier Frame stands 1.6m/5ft 3" high out of the ground with 40cm designed to be ground inserted.
- Inserts 40cm/16" into the ground
- Galvanised Steel Frame - 1" square x 1.5mm thick box section
- Matt Black Powder coated
- All stainless steel fixings are blackened for a discreet finish
- 10 year framework guarantee
- Starter Kits available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits are available in 1m, 1.5m & 2m spans
- Extension kits available as straight extensions, 90o extensions & angle extensions with a range of 45o to 195o
- Extension kits supplied with additional clips and fixings
- Plant Support Wire - high strength 2mm diameter multi strand galvanised steel wire - supplied by the metre
- Professional quality Gripple System tensioners used with the steel wire
- Wire positioning on uprights - Top Hole 577mm from top of upright / 397mm from top cross bar, Middle Hole 987mm from top of upright / 807mm from top cross bar, Bottom Hole 1397 from top of upright / 1217mm from top cross bar
- Self assembly
Please note: The Steel Wire has to be ordered separately to fit the length of Esaplier Frame ordered. See How to Order point no.3 above for details of how much Steel Wire your Espalier Frame will need.
High quality product and ease of assembly and fixing makes a superb addition to our garden
I purchased the 1.5m kit plus 1.5 extension for a client, we needed a free-standing frame to grow climbers/espaliers to hide an unsightly view. The client is really pleased with the end result and the quality of the product.
I purchased the 2m starter kit, two of the 2m extension kits, two of the fence braces and the appropriate length of wire. The products are of very good quality and were relatively easy to put together. I am using the product to support clematis and have used some good garden twine to add some additional vertical supports between horizontal wires. All in all a very good solution. I did need to buy the hole former separately as this made it very easy to pre-form the holes and then to just push the uprights into the ground.