Gripple Plant Support System
The Gripple Plant Support System is ideal for supporting all sorts of crops and plants, from beans and cane fruit to ornamentals, such as roses and clematis and it is sturdy enough for climbers like wisteria, or to train fruit trees
The Gripple Plant Support System is simple but extremely effective, and is suitable for both outdoor and greenhouse use, supplied as a Starter Kit with the option of purchasing additional Gripple Wire and Gripple Clips.
The Gripple plant support system can be used on both walls and fences
Brickwork or rendered walls - drill and plug a hole first, then use vine eyes as anchoring points. Wooden fences or posts - screw vine eyes directly into the wood, or simply thread the black nylon wire around the post. The Gripple system will support up to 100 kg (220 lbs) of load.
- The Starter Kit consists 30m (100ft) of tough UV-stabilised solid 2.5mm diameter black nylon 'wire' that lasts up to 15 years and 4 reinforced glass fibre Gripple clips with ceramic rollers and stainless steel springs and 4 vine-eyes.
- The push-fit mechanism allows for multiple lines to be installed in minutes and tensioned by hand.
- The Gripple system is the fastest way to trellis fruit and vines.
- You can forget about sagging wires and snapping strings once you have a Gripple System
- Ideal for Clematis and wisteria, for supporting raspberries and runner beans in the vegetable garden, and even for creating a framework for vines.
- The Gripple clips are fitted with rollers that grip the black nylon 'wire' in one direction, but instantly lock in the other, so the wire can be easily tensioned, and further tension can always be applied.
- The components are made from non-rusting materials so can be used in any situation, and were originally developed for the viticulture industry.
- Additional UV-stabilised solid 2.5mm diameter black nylon gripple 'wire' is supplied 50m long
- Additional Gripple Clips are supplied in packs of 10.
Great product, does exactly what I wanted
Ordered Friday morning, the Gripple Starter Kit arrived Saturday morning. What can I say except EXCELLENT service!
The Gripple garden trellis system can be used on both walls and fences
Brickwork or rendered walls - drill and plug a hole firs, then use vine eyes as anchoring points. Wooden fences or posts - screw vine eyes directly into the wood, or simply thread the nylon wire around the post
A few easy steps...
- Position the vine eyes with a support point every 3.0 - 3.5m
- Pull the nylon wire from the centre of the reel and feed through each vine-eye
- Before the final vine eye, slide a gripple tensioner 20cm onto the wire - using the large centre hole
- Feed the nylone wire through the vine eye (or around a post) and back into the large centre hole of the tensioner
- Now anchored, cut the nylon wire at the reel and repeat the last two steps
- To tension by hand, remove the slack by pulling the nylon tail wire
What The Press Say
Garden News17th March 2009
This plant support starter kit can be used both outdoors and in the greenhouse to train and support a wide range of plants. The kit contains 30m (100ft) of lightweight flexible plastic wire and four green plastic gripple joiners which contain internal serrated rollers. These allow you to easily tension and join the training wire to create a secure plant support system. Voted Best for Vigorous Climbers.