Our Extra Heavy Duty Bird Netting is made from extruded black polypropylene to create a rigid plastic net with a 16mm x 16mm square mesh, and is used as side netting on all our manufactured Fruit Cages.
This strong netting is an ideal deterrent to birds, rabbits and other similar pests, but has a large enough mesh to allow invaluable pollinating insects to pass through.
- 2m & 4m wide Extra Heavy Duty Bird Netting sold by the linear metre and in 10, 25 and 50m Extra Value Saver Packs
- Extra Heavy Duty Bird Netting has a 16mm x 16mm square mesh (please note the actual mesh size can vary +/-3mm but offers the same protection)
- Black rigid plastic bird netting
- Deters birds and other pests, but allows pollinating insects through
- Made from strong black extruded polypropylene - cannot be torn by hand
- UV Stabilised
- Used as side netting on our Fruit Cages
- If the netting is required for your own fruit cages please allow an extra 2 metres for fitting
- Samples of all Harrod Horticultural garden netting are available on request
- A long lasting superior weighted netting, weighing 60g per square metre
- For even stronger, heavier side netting see our Super Heavy Duty Bird Netting
- Please Note: Some Netting packs will arrive folded
See our Extra Value Saver Packs!
Please note: Although the material is an animal deterrent, we cannot guarantee that it is animal/squirrel proof.
The Heavy duty bird netting is excellent for stretching over a wooden fruit cage and stapled into place (see pic). It is also good for hanging/stretching over an aluminium frame to protect peas - used cable ties to secure net to poles. Doesn't tangle, is strong and rigid but flexible Just check that the edges have been cut straight.
I use this netting to guide the flight path of my bees. It works beautifully and stops them annoying my neighbouring allotment holders.
View All Sizes & Prices
Rigid Plastic Extra Heavy Duty Bird Netting available in 2m & 4m widths by the linear metre or in Saver Packs:-
2m x 1m = £3.25 (GDN-070)
2m x 10m = £29.50 (GNE-010) save £3
2m x 25m = £75.25 (GNE-011) save £6
2m x 50m = £142.50 (GNE-012) save £20
4m x 1m = £5.45 (GDN-075)
4m x 10m = £51.50 (GNE-142) save £3
4m x 25m = £129.25 (GNE-143) save £7
4m x 50m = £252.50 (GNE-144) save £20