This 12mm Aluminium Tubing is ideal for building your own cage and is available in a variety of lengths to make the ideal size vegetable cage to protect your plants
The strong aluminium tubing has 1.2mm wall thickness for creating strong frames and all lengths are compatible for use with the Build-a-Ball or Swivel Clip connectors.
You'll have a simple, cost-effective solution to crop protection and won't have to spend valuable gardening time hunting round for bamboo canes ever again!
- Use Build Your Own Cage Aluminium Tubing with our Build-a-Ball connectors
- Use the 12mm to 16mm Tubing Converter so the tubing can be used with our Harrod Slot & Lock Connectors
- 12.7mm diameter tubing available in various lengths
- Tubing available individually or in Extra Value Sets of 4
- 1.2mm wall thickness on all 12.7mm diameter tubing
- Can be used to construct a wide range of frames including pea, bean, sweet pea and climbing supports
- Compatible for use with the Swivel Clips
I used the 0.6m as uprights with 1m for all the top rods using ball connectors with netting to make a simple but totally effective protection from birds over my strawberries. 1m or 0.6m uprights for broccoli & cabbage etc from birds and butterflies. Cheap sale prices, excellent results. I have tried other means of crop protection, less successfully.
Lightweight easy to handle when cutting to size,hope they stand up to Winter winds
What The Press Say
RHS The Garden1st June 2010
'RHS Advisory Service'
"For smaller areas or individual fruit bushes, use aluminium tubing and connecting balls, available from Harrod Horticultural."
Telegraph4th September 2008
'Helen Yemm, Thorny Problems'
"Lyn should look at Harrod Horticultural (0845 402 5300; www.harrodhorticultural.com), which has a simple and versatile 'build-it-yourself' system involving aluminium tubing linked by plastic balls"