The wall & fence fruit tree protector is supplied complete with 18mm x 18mm heavy duty anti-bird netting to keep the birds from your fruit and a clear heavy-duty PVC cover. In the winter months the PVC cover will reduce the threat of the highly-damaging Peach Leaf Curl fungus, spread by raindrops in cold, wet winter and spring conditions.
These covers - complete with heavy-duty zip system - are supported by an ultra-tough, heavy-duty 25mm/1" square x 1.5mm thick, galvanised and powder-coated black steel framework which carries a reassuring 10 year guarantee. The Wall/Fence Fruit Tree Protector can be fitted to any 1.8m/6ft+ high wall/fence and is 1.94m long. Full instructions and fittings included.
- Researched and designed in-house with input from the Fruit Department at RHS Wisley
- Mount against any 6ft/1.8m+ high wall or fence
- Fixings and full instructions included
- Sturdy, galvanised, 25mm/1" square, black, powder-coated steel framework
- Steelwork guaranteed for 10 years
- PVC cover prevents Peach Leaf Curl and has a year guarantee
- Supplied with 18mm x 18mm mesh heavy-duty anti-bird netting
- The frame measures 45cm/18" depth and 1.8m/6ft high and is supplied in 1.94m length (length is external)
- Through draft ventilation is provided by a 20cm/8" gap at bottom of frame and via open sides
- Steel framework fitted to wall or fence with pressure treated battens
- Extra-tough press studs secure PVC covers to frame
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
Be the first to write a review for this product.
Peach Leaf Curl is a fungal disease which attacks the leaves of peaches and nectarines, leaving them blistered and distorted before they eventually fall and place the tree under stress. Attaching the clear heavy-duty PVC covers, complete with heavy-duty zip, to the framework of the Wall/Fence Fruit Tree Protector during the winter months will help prevent the spread of fungal spores by raindrops. The covers also provide a greenhouse-like shelter for extending the growing season.