The Trachelospermum Jasminoides more commonly known as Star Jasmine is an evergreen climbing plant which has broad leaves with a profusion of white flowers.
Trachelospermum Jasminoides, more commonly known as Star Jasmine, is an evergreen climbing plant which has broad leaves with a profusion of white flowers.
This attractive Jasmine plant originates from China, Korea and Japan and is ideal for the UK climate being able to withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F).
This woody, twining climber benefits from some support and can reach heights of up to 9m (28ft).
- Trachelospermum Jasminoides - Commonly known as Star Jasmine
- Evergreen woody, twining climber, but may turn a bronze red colour in winter
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Broad leaves with a profusion of white flowers
- Flowers in June, July and August
- Benefits from support
- Hardy variety can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Originates from China, Korea, Japan
- Introduced into the UK by Robert Fortune, Scottish plant hunter in 1844
- Pest and disease tolerant if grown outside
- Height - 9m (28ft) Spread - 6m
- Ideal for growing against a wall
- Prefers full sun and will not tolerate cold winds
- Prefers a fertile, well drained soil
- Supplied in 2-3 litre pots (approx 3ft High when despatched)
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery