Southwold Side Table / Seat
The Southwold Side Table or single seat is a versatile addition to the Southwold Garden Furniture collection, perfect for resting a drink, displaying a vase of flowers or use as a spare seat when needed.
Made by us in the UK
The Southwold Side Table or single seat is a versatile addition to the Southwold Garden Furniture collection, perfect for resting a drink, displaying a vase of flowers or use as a spare seat when needed. The handcrafted traditional style side table features stylish curved legs with detailed scrolled feet and the slatted top gives a traditional finish to the table.
The Side Table is part of the exclusive Southwold Garden Furniture collection, a handcrafted traditional style range of garden furniture manufactured using high grade steel.
Each piece of furniture is chemically etched by hand after the zinc coating is applied leaving an antique finish. The joy of these hand processes means that every piece has its own character that evolves with age and improves as the product weathers. Colours can vary from light to dark grey. The finish is always varied, it is not a paint and is not intended to be completely uniform, which adds to the charm of these unique pieces - go to MORE INFO tab for extra details.
Designed as a useful side table to have next to benches or chairs or to use as a useful additional seat, the table measures 48.5cm wide, 58cm deep and stands 44cm high. Due to the handmade manufacturing and finishing methods used each table is unique and the appearance improves as it weathers.
The Southwold Garden Furniture range can be seen at the following locations - to find out more details please visit the Furniture Retailers Page:
- Petersham Nurseries - Richmond - https://petershamnurseries.com/
- Burford Garden Company - Oxfordshire - https://www.burford.co.uk/
- Long Barn Garden Centre – Alresford, Hampshire - https://www.longbarn.co.uk/
- The Stamford Garden Centre - Stamford, Lincolnshire - https://www.stamfordgardencentre.co.uk/
- Snape Maltings - Snape, Suffolk - https://snapemaltings.co.uk/
- RHS Wisley at the Trials Fields - Woking, Surrey - https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/wisley
The table is structurally guaranteed for 25, but our testing suggests that all the Southwold Furniture Collection can be genuinely considered as heirloom pieces that will last for generations if looked after.
- Southwold Side Table or single seat (Table only - chairs and benches available separately)
- Measures 48.5cm wide x 58cm deep x 44cm High
- Weight 10kg
- 25 Year Structural Guarantee
- Handcrafted and finished using high grade steel
- Attractive curved legs, scrolled feet and top design
- Hot dip galvanised then hand dressed for exceptional corrosion protection
- Hand Etch finish for a unique antiqued patina appearance that improves as it weathers and ages
- Carver Chairs (with arms) , Side Chairs (no arms) and Benches available separately
- Range Overview - Click Here
- Full instructions supplied - for Frequently Asked Questions and Care Advice - Click Here
- Delivery may be on a pallet
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery
- Cushions are not supplied but can be bought separately and are available in either Ivory or Grey. The cushions measure 47cm x 47cm x 4cm thick.
- Please Note: Each cushion is for each individual seat on the bench i.e. a 2 seater bench will need 2 cushions.
- Made with Acrylic Canvas the cushions are water resistant but store away during the winter and wet weather
- The cushions can be washed by hand at a cool temperature using hand washing detergent. They need to be allowed to dry fully which can take some time. Machine washing is not advised according to the material manufacturer.
Browse the complete Handcrafted Southwold Range with our Online Furniture Catalogue and find out more about this stunning new furniture collection, exclusively designed and made in the UK. We can also send you a free copy, simply contact customer services on 0333 400 6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get a copy sent to you.
Side Table & 2 Carver Chairs
Side Table & 2 Side Chairs
Side Table, Bench & Carver Chair
Side Table & 2 Benches
Be the first to write a review for this product.
SOUTHWOLD GARDEN FURNITURE COLLECTION
This new handcrafted traditional furniture collection takes its name from the popular Suffolk coastal town of Southwold, just a short distance from Harrod Horticultural where we design and manufacture the range in our workshops.
The range is inspired by traditional blacksmith furniture which became popular at the start of the industrial revolution over 200 years ago. Many of the shapes, forms and general look and feel quote directly from this heritage.
Where our designs differ from tradition however, is the depth of study and care we have taken to ensure that our furniture is as much comfortable as beautiful. Much thought has gone into the ergonomics of the seat designs and careful selection of material section and thickness to ensure just the right amount of 'give' is coupled with the required structural strength. The chair designs for example use a range of thicknesses of strip steel depending on the design need. The legs use 8mm thick strip for strength and rigidity whereas the seat base and back rest use 3mm slats to give comfort and spring to the seat. Cushions can be ordered with your furniture for ultimate comfort but we are confident that even without padding our chairs will be kind to your behind.
HIGH SKILLED PRODUCTION
All of our furniture is hand made by skilled technicians and finished in our workshops in Suffolk where we have been manufacturing for over 65 years. Due to the handmade nature of the products all pieces are unique, these slight differences add up to sets of furniture with real soul and charm in a world of mass produced conformity. Before final finishing all of the products are dipped in a bath of molten zinc which envelops the steel in a blanket of sacrificial rust protection. Each furniture piece is therefore extremely tough and durable, and with a substantial weight, so will withstand the most extreme British weather.
The furniture collection is structurally guaranteed for 25 years, but our testing suggests that the furniture can genuinely be considered as heirloom pieces that will last for generations if looked after. Before the final finish, all furniture is hot dip galvanised in molten zinc.
Each piece of furniture is chemically etched by hand after the zinc coating is applied leaving an antique finish. The joy of these hand processes means that every piece has its own character that evolves with age and improves as the product weathers. Colours can vary from from light to dark grey. The finish is always varied, it is not a paint and is not intended to be completely uniform, which adds to the charm of these unique pieces
It is quite normal for tables and chairs to arrive looking mottled grey with some white patches, furniture will also look considerably darker if wet. The finish tends to move towards a slightly more whitish grey over the course of the seasons. Variable environmental conditions means that there is no absolute time for weathering to occur, but typically a product will move towards slightly whiter shades over a couple of months.
To clean your furniture, use no more than mild detergent, water and a nylon scrubbing brush. The furniture can be left outside year round in all weathers.
If you live very close to the sea please be aware that a salt laden atmosphere can greatly accelerate corrosion, so we recommend cleaning more frequently. Please note that the white zinc oxides that develops are not harmful to the skin. Zinc oxide is used in wide range of cosmetics and personal care products.