Southwold 2 Seater Sofa
The Southwold 2 Seater Sofa is a new addition to the handcrafted Southwold Garden Furniture Collection offering a more relaxed design with wider, deeper seating for extra comfort when relaxing and socialising in your garden.
Made by us in the UK
PRE-ORDER ONLY - AVAILABLE END OF AUGUST
The Southwold 2 Seater Sofa is a new addition to the handcrafted Southwold Garden Furniture Collection offering a more relaxed design with wider, deeper seating for extra comfort when relaxing and socialising on your patio or decking.
The Sofa is manufactured using high quality materials carefully designed for comfort while still looking stylish in the garden. Much thought has gone into the ergonomics of the sofa design, with careful selection of the thickness of the steel used to ensure there is just the right amount of 'give' while retaining structural strength. The legs use 8mm thick steel for strength and rigidity whereas the bench base and back rest use 3mm slats to give comfort and spring to the sofa and the arms use 5mm thick steel. We do also offer cushions for ultimate comfort which are available to buy separately.
Each Southwold Sofa is chemically etched by hand after the zinc coating is applied leaving an antique finish. The joy of these hand processes means that every piece has its own character that evolves with age and improves as the product weathers. Colours can vary from light to dark grey. The finish is always varied, it is not a paint and is not intended to be completely uniform, which adds to the charm of these unique pieces - go to MORE INFO tab for extra details.
The sofas are structurally guaranteed for 25 years, but our testing suggests that all the Southwold Furniture Collection can be genuinely considered as heirloom pieces that will last for generations if looked after.
- Southwold 2 Seater Sofa
- 2 Seater Sofa measures 124cm Wide x 75cm Deep x 83cm High
- 2 Seater Sofa weighs 29kg approx.
- 25 Year Structural Guarantee
- Handcrafted and finished using high grade steel
- Relaxed design with wider, deeper seating for extra comfort
- Robust frame (8mm thick) with comfortable seat and back (3mm thick) and arms (5mm thick)
- Attractive scrolled arms, curved bracing and leg detail
- Hot dip galvanised and then hand dressed for exceptional corrosion protection
- Hand Etch finish for a unique antiqued patina appearance that improves as it weathers and ages
- 3 Seater Sofa also available
- Range Overview - Click Here
- Full instructions supplied - for Frequently Asked Questions and Care Advice - Click Here
- PLEASE NOTE: Sofas are likely to be delivered on a pallet service. If a pallet service is not suitable, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently only available to Pre-Order for End of August Delivery
- Cushions are not supplied but can be bought separately and are available in either Ivory or Grey.
- Made with Acrylic Canvas the cushions are water resistant but store away during the winter and wet weather.
- The cushions can be washed by hand at a cool temperature using hand washing detergent. They need to be allowed to dry fully which can take some time. Machine washing is not advised according to the material manufacturer.
- Please Note: Each cushion is for each individual seat on the sofa, so the 2 seater sofa would require 2 cushions.
Browse the complete Handcrafted Southwold Range with our Online Furniture Catalogue and find out more about this stunning new furniture collection, exclusively designed and made in the UK. We can also send you a free copy, simply contact customer services on 0333 400 6400 or email email@example.com and we will get a copy sent to you.
Be the first to write a review for this product.
SOUTHWOLD GARDEN FURNITURE COLLECTION
This new handcrafted traditional furniture collection takes its name from the popular Suffolk coastal town of Southwold, just a short distance from Harrod Horticultural where we design and manufacture the range in our workshops.
The range is inspired by traditional blacksmith furniture which became popular at the start of the industrial revolution over 200 years ago. Many of the shapes, forms and general look and feel quote directly from this heritage.
Where our designs differ from tradition however, is the depth of study and care we have taken to ensure that our furniture is as much comfortable as beautiful. Much thought has gone into the ergonomics of the seat designs and careful selection of material section and thickness to ensure just the right amount of 'give' is coupled with the required structural strength. The chair designs for example use a range of thicknesses of strip steel depending on the design need. The legs use 8mm thick strip for strength and rigidity whereas the seat base and back rest use 3mm slats to give comfort and spring to the seat. Cushions can be ordered with your furniture for ultimate comfort but we are confident that even without padding our chairs will be kind to your behind.
HIGH SKILLED PRODUCTION
All of our furniture is hand made by skilled technicians and finished in our workshops in Suffolk where we have been manufacturing for over 65 years. Due to the handmade nature of the products all pieces are unique, these slight differences add up to sets of furniture with real soul and charm in a world of mass produced conformity. Before final finishing all of the products are dipped in a bath of molten zinc which envelops the steel in a blanket of sacrificial rust protection. Each furniture piece is therefore extremely tough and durable, and with a substantial weight, so will withstand the most extreme British weather.
The furniture collection is structurally guaranteed for 25 years, but our testing suggests that the furniture can genuinely be considered as heirloom pieces that will last for generations if looked after. Before the final finish, all furniture is hot dip galvanised in molten zinc.
Each piece of furniture is chemically etched by hand after the zinc coating is applied leaving an antique finish. The joy of these hand processes means that every piece has its own character that evolves with age and improves as the product weathers. Colours can vary from from light to dark grey. The finish is always varied, it is not a paint and is not intended to be completely uniform, which adds to the charm of these unique pieces
It is quite normal for tables and chairs to arrive looking mottled grey with some white patches, furniture will also look considerably darker if wet. The finish tends to move towards a slightly more whitish grey over the course of the seasons. Variable environmental conditions means that there is no absolute time for weathering to occur, but typically a product will move towards slightly whiter shades over a couple of months.
To clean your furniture, use no more than mild detergent, water and a nylon scrubbing brush. The furniture can be left outside year round in all weathers.
If you live very close to the sea please be aware that a salt laden atmosphere can greatly accelerate corrosion, so we recommend cleaning more frequently. Please note that the white zinc oxides that develops are not harmful to the skin. Zinc oxide is used in wide range of cosmetics and personal care products.