Single Sided Steel Cage Brace
These Single Sided Steel Fruit Cage Braces give our already robust walk-in steel fruit and vegetable cages even more extra rigidity when exposed to high winds or softer soil
These Steel Fruit Cage Side Braces give our already robust walk-in steel fruit and vegetable cages even more extra rigidity when exposed to high winds or softer soil.
The Single Sided Brace is designed to be used where the cage door prevents the use of the corner brace. Mid Braces are available to add strength to cage sides and Corner Braces offer even greater rigidity for cage corners.
It is possible to fit the fruit cage strengthening braces retrospectively but it will involve dismantling and removing the roof top bars to do so, so our advice is to fit the braces when initially assembling the cage!
The walk-in steel fruit cage strengthening braces can be used on any of our steel fruit cage designs - standard, peaked or domed.
- Steel Fruit Cage Side Braces only required in particularly exposed locations or where soil is very light
- Single Sided Brace Kit consists of a steel strut, stainless steel fittings and clamps
- We recommend that on larger cages (in any direction) at least the middle upright is braced on the sides over 6m
- Single sided brace can be used where a door prevents the use of a corner brace
- Easily fitted and adjusted with an allen key (not included)
- Mid Braces and Corner Braces also available
STEEL FRUIT CAGE BRACES FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How many support braces would I need for my fruit cage?
The amount and type of support brace will vary depending on the size of the cage. Please contact our Customer Services Department or call us on 0845 218 5301 for further information.
2. Can braces be added to my cage at a later date, if required?
Yes, braces can be added to a cage that has already been erected. However, it will be a little tricky because you would need to remove the horizontal bars and connectors from the uprights in order to add these parts.
3. Can I fit the braces to internal uprights, as well as external?
The braces are designed to be fitted to the external uprights, but there is no reason why you cannot also add them to the internal uprights, to give your cage that extra stability.