Heavy Duty Foot Plates
The steel, zinc plated foot plate for the fruit cage door hinging upright is supplied as standard with steel fruit cages but is not included with the door kit for aluminium fruit cages, so we've made the footplates available separately...More information
The steel, zinc plated foot plate for the fruit cage door hinging upright is supplied as standard with steel fruit cages but is not included with the door kit for aluminium fruit cages, so we've made the footplates available separately.
The 10cm square foot plate ensures the hinging upright maintains position in softer soil conditions and can also be used on all uprights to increase the stability and rigidity of both our walk-in steel and aluminium fruit and vegetable cages.
- Each Steel Foot Plate measures 10cm x 10cm
- 3mm thickness
- Square hole diameter is 27mm
- Made of zinc plated steel
- Fits all our walk-in steel and aluminium fruit and vegetable cage uprights
- Helps stabilise cage and door kit hinging uprights
- Ideal for use in light and soft soil conditions
- Simply bolt to upright
- Easy to fit during cage assembly
- Can be fitted at a later date but upright must be lifted clear of soil or footplate slid over top
Not sure how many footplates and/or sockets you'll need for your chosen size of cage? See our Steel Fruit Cage Footplates and Sockets Guide or our Aluminium Fruit Cage Footplates Guide for an instant answer.
HEAVY DUTY STEEL FOOTPLATE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How many footplates would I need for my fruit cage?
The amount of footplates required for a cage will depend on its size. For further information please contact our Customer Services Department on 0845 218 5301.
2. Can footplates be added to my cage at a later date, if required?
Yes, footplates can be added to cage that has already been erected. However, it would be a little tricky because you would need to remove the horizontal bars and connectors from the uprights in order to add these parts.
3. Can I use these for my aluminium fruit cage?
Yes, footplates can be used with an aluminium fruit cage. Though the insert hole on a footplate is square, it measures 27mm diameter, so will allow the round 25mm aluminium tubing to pass through it easily.