Pink Flower Carpet (Procumbent Rose) is a beautiful, repeat flowering rose which produces masses of shocking pink semi-double blooms from June to November.
This is a tough rose, flowering right through to the first frosts and is an ideal variety for a garden trellis or makes an attractive feature cascading from a hanging basket.
- Pink Flower Carpet Procumbent Rose from Peter Beales®
- Height & Width Range - 60cm x 60cm (2' x 2')
- Rose Family - Procumbent (Ground Covering Roses)
- Introduced in 1988
- Dark pink, medium sized, semi-double blooms
- Suitable for growing in pots
- Little or no fragrance
- Repeat flowering from June to November
- Tough, resilient variety
- Ideal for ground cover, garden trellis or hanging baskets
- Supplied in container
- Despatch March to September
- Supplied in 4 litre containers - roses are approx. 60cm high
Containerised roses are available throughout the year (although there are more available in the summer months for various reasons) and are roses that we have planted into containers during the winter months, when the plants are dormant. If purchasing a container rose early in the year, it is advisable to wait until after June before planting out into the garden. This is to give the roots of newly potted roses a chance to establish. In summer months containerised roses must be watered daily to ensure good health and maximum blooms. The advantage of buying a rose in a pot is that you can select the plant yourself during a visit to our nursery and gardens, giving you the opportunity to see the rose in flower prior to purchasing. Containerised roses are available for delivery within 7-10 days.
How to plant a rose bought in a container
The same depth applies for a rose bought in a container, with the first inch or so of the branches below soil level, and the hole wide enough for the root ball, there is no need to tease the roots out but better to leave the root ball intact. If purchased early in the summer season (before June) it is wise to leave the rose in its pot to give the roots time to establish.