Designed and hand-made by us in the UK, the Vintage Wire Arches are a real hallmark of our UK manufacturing excellence, constructed using high strength 12mm thick solid steel for the uprights and curved rails and 10mm diameter for the cross linked horizontals.
Each arch is made up from 4 fully welded sections connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws. Available in 3 sizes - 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High, 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High and 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High - all measure 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep.
The Vintage Garden Arch in Natural Finish is supplied in degreased plain steel which quickly develops an even rust coating. The arch carries a reassuring 10 year guarantee, this ensures years of life without the worry of structural failure caused by corrosion, which is unfortunately so often the case with inferior thin walled tubular products.
The arches have a fixing plate at the bottom of each side of the arch which can be secured to decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using suitable fixings (not supplied but available from all good hardware stores).
If you are planning to fit the arch into open ground then we recommend securing the arches with the substantial galvanised floor fixing pins which are available separately (select ARC-302 above). These are supplied as a 4 pack for each arch and secure through the fixing plates and into the ground by 40cm/16". For extra rigidity, set the fixing plates and pins in concrete with the base of the arch approx. 50mm below the surface.
For particularly soft ground conditions such as soil or turf, we advise using our optional ground anchors, supplied as a pack of 2 anchors for 1 arch, select ARC-480 above.
These are inserted into the ground and the arch fixing plate can then be secured to the anchor. The ground anchor provides substantial rigidty and inserts 40cm into the ground. Please note, when buying the ground anchor you do not require floor fixing pins as well.
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK by us!
- Solid steel rod framework - 12mm for uprights and curved rails / 10mm for linking horizontal bars
- Degreased steel rods quickly develop an even rust coating
- Available in 3 sizes
- Small Arch Measures 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Medium Arch Measures 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Large Arch Measures 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- 10 Year Structural Guarantee
- Supplied in 4 fully welded sections
- Connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws
- Galvanised floor fixing pins available separately (ARC-302) - 4 pack per arch
- For extra rigidity set fixing plates and pins in concrete
- Optional Ground Anchors (ARC-480) available separately - supplied as pack of 2 for 1 arch
- It is possible to screw through the integral fixing plates into decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings, not supplied but available from all good hardware stores.
- Our range of Roses & Clematis from Peter Beales includes varieties ideal for our garden arches
MADE TO MEASURE!
We are here to help with your Garden Arch Project and can offer a complete Made to Measure Service if you can't see the ideal size for your garden.
Wonderful wire arch - so good I bought 3 for my clematis and climbing roses!
Good communication about delivery. Clear Instructions on assembly. Sturdy frame.
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenSeptember 2018
Garden Store - Our Roundup of the latest Products
This floor Standing Circular Log Holder is made from 8mm solid steel rod and 6mm thick wall plates in a fully welded, one piece construction (so no assembly required). The log holder is high temperature powder coated matt black for hardwearing protection, so suitable for both inside and outside use. It comes with a floor cradle to stand the holder on and keep it stable. A wall-mounted version is also available.
Grow Your Own MagazineMay 2016
Tried and Tested - Vertical Growing
If you're looking to add an antique feel to your kitchen garden, this arch will not disappoint. You will have to assemble it yourself, but no more than 15 minutes of your time will be needed to put it together. The frame really is well made and the quality speaks for itself - heavily welded joints and 12mm steel rods have been carefully crafted to give a refined shape to the arch. Scored *****star Durability *****star Practicality ****star Value