Harrod Vintage Wire Arch - Natural Rust
The Harrod Vintage Wire Arch in Natural Rust, endorsed by the RHS, is perfect for the cottage garden, kitchen garden or to frame an entrance and has a timeless appeal to compliment your garden
Designed and hand-made by us in the UK, the Vintage Wire Arches are a real hallmark of our UK manufacturing excellence, constructed using high strength 12mm thick solid steel for the uprights and curved rails and 10mm diameter for the cross linked horizontals.
Each arch is made up from 4 fully welded sections connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws. Available in 3 sizes - 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High, 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High and 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High - all measure 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep.
The Vintage Garden Arch in Natural Finish is supplied in degreased plain steel which quickly develops an even rust coating. The arch carries a reassuring 10 year guarantee, this ensures years of life without the worry of structural failure caused by corrosion, which is unfortunately so often the case with inferior thin walled tubular products.
The arches feature integral fixing plates which can be secured onto decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings available from all good hardware stores. If you are planning to fit the arch into open ground then we recommend securing the arches with the substantial galvanised floor fixing pins which are available separately (select ARC-302 above). These are supplied as a 4 pack for each arch and secure through the integral fixing plates and into the ground by 40cm/16". For extra rigidity, set the fixing plates and pins in concrete with the base of the arch approx. 50mm below the surface. For soft ground conditions (soil/turf) we advise using our optional ground anchors, supplied as a pack of 2 anchors for 1 arch (select ARC-480 above), for either single arches or linked arch kits that will give substantial reinforcement 40cm below ground.
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK by us!
- Solid steel rod framework - 12mm for uprights and curved rails / 10mm for linking horizontal bars
- Degreased steel rods quickly develop an even rust coating
- Available in 3 sizes
- Small Arch Measures 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Medium Arch Measures 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Large Arch Measures 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- 10 Year Structural Guarantee
- Supplied in 4 fully welded sections
- Connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws
- Galvanised floor fixing pins available separately (ARC-302) - 4 pack per arch
- For extra rigidity set fixing plates and pins in concrete
- Optional Ground Anchors (ARC-480) available separately - supplied as pack of 2 for 1 arch
- It is possible to screw through the integral fixing plates into decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings - available from all good hardware stores.
MADE TO MEASURE!
We are here to help with your Garden Arch Project and can offer a complete Made to Measure Service if you can't see the ideal size for your garden.
I have ordered several items from Harrod Horticultural, and I have loved them all. I live in the middle of town and many people have asked where I got my arch and plant supports from.
At last - designing a garden for myself at our new home in Snowdonia - and I have a perfect place for a wide arch between the perennial borders and the orchard. Set over a natural Welsh slate pathway I can't wait for it to get a rusty patina and do justice to my Blush Noisette climbing rose. Perfect.
I already have some vintage rust plant supports and thought this arch would be a perfect match to support a new rambling rose. It hasn't disappointed! It was simple to put together and has been set into the paving between the flower bed and front of the house. It has already started to develop it's rusty patina. It will look lovely once the rose starts scrambling over it! One happy gardener!
What The Press Say
Tried and Tested - Vertical Growing
If you're looking to add an antique feel to your kitchen garden, this arch will not disappoint. You will have to assemble it yourself, but no more than 15 minutes of your time will be needed to put it together. The frame really is well made and the quality speaks for itself - heavily welded joints and 12mm steel rods have been carefully crafted to give a refined shape to the arch. Scored *****star Durability *****star Practicality ****star Value