Harrod Vintage Wire Arch - Natural Rust
The Harrod Vintage Wire Arch in Natural Rust, endorsed by the RHS, is perfect for the cottage garden, kitchen garden or to frame an entrance and has a timeless appeal to complement your garden.
Designed and hand-made by us in the UK, the Vintage Wire Arches are a real hallmark of our UK manufacturing excellence, constructed using high strength 12mm thick solid steel for the uprights and curved rails and 10mm diameter for the cross linked horizontals.
Each arch is made up from 4 fully welded sections connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws. Available in 3 sizes - 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High, 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High and 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High - all measure 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep.
The Vintage Garden Arch in Natural Finish is supplied in degreased plain steel which quickly develops an even rust coating. The arch carries a reassuring 10 year guarantee, this ensures years of life without the worry of structural failure caused by corrosion, which is unfortunately so often the case with inferior thin walled tubular products.
The arches have a fixing plate at the bottom of each side of the arch which can be secured to decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using suitable fixings (not supplied but available from all good hardware stores).
If you are planning to fit the arch into open ground then we recommend securing the arches with the substantial galvanised floor fixing pins which are available separately (select ARC-302 above). These are supplied as a 4 pack for each arch and secure through the fixing plates and into the ground by 40cm/16". For extra rigidity, set the fixing plates and pins in concrete with the base of the arch approx. 50mm below the surface.
For particularly soft ground conditions such as soil or turf, we advise using our optional ground anchors, supplied as a pack of 2 anchors for 1 arch, select ARC-480 above. These are inserted into the ground and the arch fixing plate can then be secured to the anchor. The ground anchor provides substantial rigidty and inserts 40cm into the ground. Please note, when buying the ground anchor you do not require floor fixing pins as well.
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK by us!
- Solid steel rod framework - 12mm for uprights and curved rails / 10mm for linking horizontal bars
- Degreased steel rods quickly develop an even rust coating
- Available in 3 sizes
- Small Arch Measures 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Medium Arch Measures 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Large Arch Measures 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- 10 Year Structural Guarantee
- Supplied in 4 fully welded sections
- Connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws
- Galvanised floor fixing pins available separately (ARC-302) - 4 pack per arch
- For extra rigidity set fixing plates and pins in concrete
- Optional Ground Anchors (ARC-480) available separately - supplied as pack of 2 for 1 arch
- It is possible to screw through the integral fixing plates into decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings, not supplied but available from all good hardware stores.
- Ideal for Climbers and Evergreen Climbers - particularly campsis, celastrus, hedera, clematis, trachelospermum and actinidia
MADE TO MEASURE!
We are here to help with your Garden Arch Project and can offer a complete Made to Measure Service if you can't see the ideal size for your garden.
The arch was easy to put together, is made of solid metal and is exactly what we needed. I was confused about what extras I needed to fix it to the ground, so ordered the ground anchor as well as the fixing pins which I then had to return as they weren't needed. I should have talked to somebody about it before ordering, but it would have helped if it was made a little clearer in the descriptions.
Many thanks for your feedback which we greatly appreciate, we will amend the website to make the the fixing options clearer in the descriptions.
I bought a pair of these for the entrances to my kitchen garden, as i very like their understated style. They are well made (solid steel bar not hollow tube) and easy to construct. I look forward to seeing them covered in Clematis.
Bought with additional heavy duty anchors, this product was well packaged and feels sturdy in place. Coming in parts, it was slightly awkward to put together by myself. Probably a two man job. Not difficult but awkward. Also benefits from sealing with caulk the joints but product is now rusting nicely and rose is intertwined. Hasn't been exposed to high winds but appears sturdy. Thank you!
What The Press Say
Tried and Tested - Vertical Growing
If you're looking to add an antique feel to your kitchen garden, this arch will not disappoint. You will have to assemble it yourself, but no more than 15 minutes of your time will be needed to put it together. The frame really is well made and the quality speaks for itself - heavily welded joints and 12mm steel rods have been carefully crafted to give a refined shape to the arch. Scored *****star Durability *****star Practicality ****star Value