Harrod Vintage Wire Arch - Natural Rust
The Harrod Vintage Wire Arch in Natural Rust, endorsed by the RHS, is perfect for the cottage garden, kitchen garden or to frame an entrance and has a timeless appeal to compliment your garden
Designed and hand-made by us in the UK, the Vintage Wire Arches are a real hallmark of our UK manufacturing excellence, constructed using high strength 12mm thick solid steel for the uprights and curved rails and 10mm diameter for the cross linked horizontals.
Each arch is made up from 4 fully welded sections connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws. Available in 3 sizes - 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High, 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High and 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High - all measure 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep.
The Vintage Garden Arch in Natural Finish is supplied in degreased plain steel which quickly develops an even rust coating. The arch carries a reassuring 10 year guarantee, this ensures years of life without the worry of structural failure caused by corrosion, which is unfortunately so often the case with inferior thin walled tubular products.
The arches feature integral fixing plates which can be secured onto decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings available from all good hardware stores. If you are planning to fit the arch into open ground then we recommend securing the arches with the substantial galvanised floor fixing pins which are available separately (select ARC-302 above). These are supplied as a 4 pack for each arch and secure through the integral fixing plates and into the ground by 40cm/16". For extra rigidity, set the fixing plates and pins in concrete with the base of the arch approx. 50mm below the surface. For soft ground conditions (soil/turf) we advise using our optional ground anchors, supplied as a pack of 2 anchors for 1 arch (select ARC-480 above), for either single arches or linked arch kits that will give substantial reinforcement 40cm below ground.
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK by us!
- Solid steel rod framework - 12mm for uprights and curved rails / 10mm for linking horizontal bars
- Degreased steel rods quickly develop an even rust coating
- Available in 3 sizes
- Small Arch Measures 1.2m/3ft 11" Wide x 2.21m/7ft 3" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Medium Arch Measures 1.5m/4ft 11" Wide x 2.36m/7ft 9" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- Large Arch Measures 2.0m/6ft 7" Wide x 2.61m/8ft 7" High x 0.5m/1ft 8" Deep
- 10 Year Structural Guarantee
- Supplied in 4 fully welded sections
- Connected using precision turned solid steel joiners which lock the sections in place with stainless steel screws
- Galvanised floor fixing pins available separately (ARC-302) - 4 pack per arch
- For extra rigidity set fixing plates and pins in concrete
- Optional Ground Anchors (ARC-480) available separately - supplied as pack of 2 for 1 arch
- It is possible to screw through the integral fixing plates into decking, sleepers, concrete or paving using appropriate fixings - available from all good hardware stores.
MADE TO MEASURE!
We are here to help with your Garden Arch Project and can offer a complete Made to Measure Service if you can't see the ideal size for your garden.
I bought this arch, wanting it very much - but unsure how it would look in a small garden. Actually, it adds a deceptive distance to the rather limited length of our little space. The eye stops and then moves on, creating a feel of airiness which I'd hoped for. One rainless week later and the rust is already beginning. My garden is full of old roses and old statues, so I didn't want anything which would clash either with the rather weathered look of garden... or gardener. For a garden susceptible to any breeze at all, you will also need to buy the fixing pin; unless you intend to concrete-in the bottom four inches of the arch, which wouldn't look nice, to my mind. My arch now supports a venerable, old white rose-tree which catches the breeze prettily. But if you're using the arch to support something, the wind will knock it over as it has no natural stability of its own on even a moderately windy day. Very good purchase. Very pleased indeed.
We are so pleased with our wire arch. It is beautifully made and provides an elegant addition to our garden. It is already starting to achieve its rust finish after a week. Incredibly easy to assemble, and we are seriously considering getting a couple more.
What The Press Say
Tried and Tested - Vertical Growing
If you're looking to add an antique feel to your kitchen garden, this arch will not disappoint. You will have to assemble it yourself, but no more than 15 minutes of your time will be needed to put it together. The frame really is well made and the quality speaks for itself - heavily welded joints and 12mm steel rods have been carefully crafted to give a refined shape to the arch. Scored *****star Durability *****star Practicality ****star Value