Harrod Trough Metal Planters - Corten Effect
Our Trough Metal Planters in Heritage Green are contemporary, smart and beautifully engineered and a great choice to show off your favourite flowers and feature plants and give your outdoor space an instant update.
Our Trough Metal Planters in Corten Effect are contemporary, smart and beautifully engineered and a great choice to show off your favourite flowers and feature plants and give your outdoor space an instant update.
- UK engineered and manufactured using 1mm thick galvanised steel with super strength ‘double folded’ panel construction that bolts together
- 10 YEAR STRUCTURAL GUARANTEE
- Built to last and low maintenance, just jet wash to maintain a pristine appearance
- One-piece side panels with 3cm lip on top and bottom
- Galvanised steel is painted inside and out using our 7 stage, state of the art, high temperature powder coating process for a weather proof finish in stylish Corten Effect
- Optional Bases are available that include drainage holes that can be plugged if required with supplied bungs.
- The planter bases can either sit level with the ground or reverse the base so it is inverted to create a shadow gap
- Available in 3 sizes
Our small perennial plant collection is a perfect selection for these metal planters and includes one of each of the following, ARMERIA maritima 'Splendens', HEATHERS Erica vagans 'Mrs D.F. Maxwell' , HELIANTHEMUM 'The Bride', LAVANDULA angustifolia 'Munstead', LEWISIA Sunset hybrids and PRIMULA veris.
How Much Soil Will I Need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your planter is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your planter by the width and the height in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres e.g.
1.8m long x 0.25m wide x 0.2m high = (1.8 x 0.25 x 0.2) x 1000 = 90 litres
There is a calculator on the Rolawn Soil page to make things easier. The soil is available in bulk 1000 litre tote bags so ideal if you are looking to fill a number of planters. For more details on filling your metal planter please contact our Customer Services Team.