The Harrod Metal Raised Beds & Planters in Heritage Green combine innovative design with stunning aesthetics to create a range of high quality metal raised beds that really are built to last, perfect for growing your own on the patio or in the garden.
These exclusive raised beds use 1mm thick galvanised steel with super strength 'double folded' plank construction to resist bowing. The metal beds are high temperature powder coated an attractive Heritage Green for a long lasting weatherproof finish.
The metal raised beds are available in a range of sizes from 0.6m to 2.4m and in 3 heights - 0.2m, 0.4m & 0.6m. Simple to assemble the planks bolt together using stainless steel fixings and any additional tiers are also bolted securely into place for strength.
These stylish raised beds are easy to maintain and come with a 10 year structural guarantee, designed to help you grow your own in style for many years!
- Exclusive designed and manufactured by us in the UK
- Innovative design
- 10 year structural guarantee
- Made from 1mm thick galavanised steel 'double folded' for a super strenth plank construction
- Each plank measures 20cm high
- 7cm wide capping at the top of the planks adds aesthetic appeal, strength and comfort
- Galvanised steel is painted Heritage Green (inside and out) using our unique 7 stage, state of the art, high temperature powder coating process for a durable weatherproof finish
- Built to last, no need to worry about rot, mould or insect damage
- Low maintenance, just jet wash to keep pristine
- Simple bolt together construction with stainless steel fixings
- Planks are easier to handle than timber
- Each tier of a multi level raised bed, 2 or 3 planks high, is securely bolted together for strength
- Raised Beds do not have a base
- Easy to assemble with full instructions provided
- Raised Bed Liners available separately
- Hoops & PVC Cover and Hoops & Butterfly Net Cover availalble separately for great crop protection
- Soil is also available separately
- Heritage Green is RAL #6013
How much soil will I need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your beds is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your bed by the width and the depth in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres. To make things even easier; all the Rolawn soil we supply is delivered in 1000 litre tote bags so you can tell immediately how many bags you'll need to order. The example below should help you with this;
2.4m long x 1.8m wide x 20cm deep = (2.4 x 1.8 x 0.2) x 1000 = 864 litres - 1 x 1000 litre tote bag required
For the best growing results, we'd advise you to fill your beds with 75% topsoil and use a bulky organic matter - such as farmyard manure or home-made compost - to make up the other 25%. For more details on filling your raised bed, please contact our Customer Services Team.