Harrod Superior Metal Raised Beds and Planters successfully combine technical innovation and a contemporary look to create a stunning range of raised beds which really are built to last.
The raised beds are UK engineered using 1mm thick galvanised steel with a super strength 'double folded' plank construction to resist bowing and come with a 10 year structural guarantee. The steel is powder coated Anthracite Grey for a stylish weatherproof finish.
The ideal way to grow your own in style, these metal planters are available in a range of sizes from 0.6m to 2.4m and 3 heights so there is bound to be the perfect option for your garden, patio or deck.
- Designed in the UK by our Award Winning Design Team
- UK engineered and manufactured
- Double folded plank construction for strength and prevent bowing
- Each plank measures 20cm high
- Uses 1mm thick galvanised steel
- 10 year structural guarantee
- 7cm wide capping at top of design adds strength, comfort and aesthetic appeal
- Built to last, no need to worry about mould, rot or insect damage
- Galvanised steel is painted Anthractite grey (inside and out) using our unique 7 stage, state of the art, high temperature powder coating process
- Low maintenance, just jet wash to keep the beds pristine
- Simple bolt together construction with stainless steel fixings
- For deeper beds each tier is securely bolted together for strength
- Full assembly instructions provided
- Weight Ranges from 7kg to 72kg for the largest bed
- Easy to disassemble and move if necessary
- Raised beds do not include a base - bases available separately 0.6m x 0.6m, 0.6m x 1.2m & 0.6m x 1.8m Beds Only
- Raised Bed Liners available separately - Please Note Liners are not available for all sizes and heights - see list of available sizes.
- Hoops & PVC Cover and Hoops & Butterfly Net Cover availalble separately for great crop protection
- Soil is also available separately
- Anthracite Grey is RAL #7016
Metal Raised Beds are also available in taller heights and bespoke colours upon request. Please contact our Made to Measure team to discuss your requirements - call 0333 400 1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much soil will I need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your beds is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your bed by the width and the depth in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres. To make things even easier; all the Rolawn soil we supply is delivered in 1000 litre tote bags so you can tell immediately how many bags you'll need to order. There is a calculator on the Rolawn Soil page or the example below should help you with this;
2.4m long x 1.8m wide x 20cm deep = (2.4 x 1.8 x 0.2) x 1000 = 864 litres - 1 x 1000 litre tote bag required
For the best growing results, we'd advise you to fill your beds with 75% topsoil and use a bulky organic matter - such as farmyard manure or home-made compost - to make up the other 25%. For more details on filling your raised bed, please contact our Customer Services Team.