Capillary Matting 61cm Wide
Use capillary matting in the greenhouse to water plants economically, as this versatile material absorbs and holds water which can be drawn up by soil in pot plants positioned on the matting.
Use capillary matting in the greenhouse (our greenhouse staging is ideal) to water plants economically and (almost) automatically, as this versatile material absorbs and holds water which can be drawn up by soil in pot plants positioned on the matting.
This process is known as capillary watering and keeping the capillary matting moist will allow your plants to fend for themselves in the height of summer. The capillary matting is available in 61cm (24") width and is supplied by the metre.
To Order:- Simply decide on the number of metres required and add this to the quantity box. The total price will then be calculated and you can then add to basket.
The capillary matting is easy to cut with scissors or a knife, is sold in metre lengths and can be used with the dark or light side uppermost. The white surface will reflect light and heat in the summer months to help ripen fruit and the darker surface - which varies between dark green, grey and black - attracts and retains heat during cooler periods.
- Capillary matting available in 61cm (24") width
- Prices shown per metre length
- Put length required in metres in quantity box
- Ideal for greenhouse watering
- Simply soak matting and stand pots on surface
- White and dark surfaces
- Lighter colour helps reflect heat and light and aids fruit ripening
- Darker surface ideal for spring and autumn as it attracts and retains heat
- Capillary matting easily cut with scissors or knife
- Can be used to line propagators
- Darker colour may vary in shade but performance is unaffected
- Matting has a capillary rise (wicking height) of 7cm or slightly more depending on conditions
Delivery of bubble wrap was prompt. Cost was competitive . Easy to use & does what it says on the tin!! Haven't used the capillary matting yet.