These re-usable Rootrainers hinge open to allow easy removal of the plant with no root disturbance, ready for transplanting and provides the best growing system for seeds, plugs and cuttings, developing strong, fibrous root systems...More information
Rootrainers provide the best growing system for seeds, plugs and cuttings by way of the deep ribbed cells which help seedlings develop strong, fibrous root systems.
The unique open-bottomed design of the cells allow earlier root tips to make contact with the air and die off, which are replaced by fresh young roots. The re-usable cells hinge open to allow easy removal of the plant, with no root disturbance, ready for transplanting.
- Available in 12cm deep only
- 64 cell pack consists 2 trays of 32 cells and 2 clear propagating lids - giving a potential 64 plants
- Deep Rootrainers are ideal for beans, sweet peas and strawberries and other deep rooting plants
- Rapid Rootrainers the choice for salad crops, bedding plants and all annuals not requiring deep rooting space
- Re-useable cells simply hinge open to allow the plant to be removed without damaging the roots
See our Extra Value Twin packs and save £2
Flimsy plastics need care in handling if you want continued use. I tried root cuttings and seeds which worked well. The clear plastic lid provides a cover, but take care not to over water without using a bottom tray, as water will drain on your widow sill. Once plants are growing, the clear plastic top can be put under the root trainer and act a water resevoir.
Ordered lots for my sweet peas. Great product and works well but as always I think they are quite fragile and break regularly so treat them with care and they will survive for longer.
What The Press Say
Tried and Tested : Unheated Propagators
18/20 high score.
Tried And Tested : Seed Sowing