Phlox Starfire Commonly known as Border phlox is an upright deciduous perennial to 90cm tall, with lance-shaped, red-tinged leaves and large terminal panicles of crimson flowers in summer and early autumn.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures below -20° (-4°F).
Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
- Phlox 'Starfire' (Border phlox)
- Erect perennial with thin leaves 5-13cm (2-5in) long.
- Produces panicles of crimson flowers 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) across
- Attractive to butterflies
- Height - 90cm (36in)
- Spread - 50cm (20in)
- Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Flowers July to October
- Supplied in 1.5 - 2 litre pot
- Available as single or set of 2
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery