Persicaria alpina commonly known as Alpine knotweed has creamy-white plumes on strong stems, a tall semi-evergreen, clump forming perennial which reaches up to 2m in height.
Large lance-shaped green leaves and strong stems bearing spikes of cup to funnel-shaped flowers to 15cm (6in) long in summer, followed by pinkish-red seed heads in late summer.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F).
- Persicaria alpina (Alpine knotweed)
- Height - to 2m (6ft 6")
- Spread - to 1.5m (5ft)
- Full Sun or partial Shade
- No Preference on soil - any moist soil
- Flowers July to October
- Supplied in 1.5 or 2 litre pot
- Available as single or set of 3
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery