Organic Blenheim Orange Apple is an old favourite, producing large, flat round apples with a distinctive nutty flavour, dull red with a brown russet and golden coloured striped.
These dessert apples show good mildew resistance and their large size also makes them a good apple to use in cooking. Available in moderate vigour (MM106 Rootstock) and semi dwarfing (M26). Blenheim Orange is a Triploid variety in pollination group C so is pollinated by other apple trees but will not pollinate them.
Apples are ready for harvesting in early October and if stored correctly will last until January. Blenheim Orange Apple Trees are supplied with full siting, planting and training instructions.
Despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Blenheim Orange Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi dwarfing form
- Moderately vigorous (MM106 Rootstock) reaches 3.6m-5.5m (12-18ft) high
- Tasty dessert variety with distinctive nutty flavour
- Dull red with a brown russet, golden striped
- Large, flat round apples
- Triploid variety - Pollination group C
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Harvest in October - will store until January
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.