Fruit Picker Basket & Handle
Don't let all your hard work throughout the year go to waste by dropping ripe tree fruit when harvesting - the Fruit Picker Basket & Handle is just perfect for collecting fruit from those uppermost branches
Don't let all your hard work throughout the year go to waste by dropping ripe tree fruit when harvesting - the Fruit Picker Basket & Handle is just perfect for collecting fruit from those uppermost branches. The lightweight telescopic aluminium pole extends from 1.8m/5'9" to 5m/16'5", putting you well within reach of the juicest fruits, and the task of harvesting fruit is made easy.
Extra Value - Buy the Fruit Picker Basket & Telescopic Handle and Save £2!
- Aluminium telescopic pole extends from 1.8m (5'9") to 5m (16'5") with simple twist and lock mechanism
- Pole is both sturdy and lightweight
- Pickers measures 13cm diameter
- Soft basket to safely protect fruit during harvest
- The stem is not cut as the basket is positioned beneath the fruit and the stem between the basket's 'fingers' and a slight twist is all that is needed to snap the stem.
- The basket catcher is made from soft cotton for bruise-free fruit.
- Buy both the Picker and Handle in our Extra Value deal and Save £2
A well made article which does the job it is designed for
This is a very useful tool. I can now reach up to the top branches and catch the fruit.
Our horticulturist Martin Fiddes says; "Pick your apples very carefully to avoid bruising and damage, both of which will provide an entry point for rots and fungal diseases - that's why the soft linen basket of the apple picker and telescoping handle make a careful combination!
"An apple is ready for harvest if it comes away – complete with stalk – from the tree when twisted slightly. Discard any fruit you feel is likely to go off because of damage or if you can see evidence of pests and diseases.
"One bad apple will ruin the whole crop in this context!"
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenJuly 2017
The perfect set for picking your hard-to-reach apples, pears and plums without bruising, as well as pruning higher branches without the need for a ladder.
Grow Your OwnSeptember 2016
Pick of the Crop - Harvesting Tools
Harvesting your fruits from the highest branches of your tree can be a real challenge - you don't want your hard work throughout the year to go to waste by dropping ripe fruit. This product is specially designed to help you with this task. The lightweight telescopic aluminium pole extends from 1.8m to 5m, putting you well within easy reach of your juicy fruits.