LAVANDULA angustifolia 'Munstead' is more usually known as Common Lavender, a compact evergreen shrub, to 45cm tall, with narrow, grey-green foliage and spikes of small, highly-fragrant, blue-purple flowers in mid to late summer.
This item is no longer available as a single plant but is available as part of our popular plant Perennial Collection that will fit beautifully into one of our New Metal Trough Planters, available in Anthracite Grey, Corten Effect and Heritage Green. Contemporary, smart and beautifully engineered they are a great choice to show off your collection of plants.
Named after Gertrude Jekyll's garden at Munstead Wood, Godalming, Surrey, UK. this dwarf Shrub typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions and flower spikes to 8cm (3in) long.
Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- LAVANDULA angustifolia 'Munstead' (common lavender)
- Prefers a well-drained neutral to alkaline soil but tolerates acidic conditions
- Perfect wildlife plant - loved by bees and butterflies
- Ideal patio plant in pots and containers
- Scented foliage and flowers from June to September
- Height 45cm (18in) - Spread 60cm (24in)
- Supplied in 1 or 1.5 litre pots
- Available as single or pack of 10
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery
Be the first to write a review for this product.