Insulated Pot Jackets
These tough, rot-proof, easy to store and re-usable large Pot Jackets will protect vulnerable roots of container-grown plants from cold and frost damage More information
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
These tough, rot-proof, easy to store and re-usable Pot Jackets will protect vulnerable roots of container-grown plants from cold and frost damage.
Secure Velcro fastenings hold the jacket in place, while a fast-pull drawstring holds it close to the base of the plant. Available in two sizes with extra value multi-buy savings up for grabs, the insulated pot jackets can be fitted to pots in situ with minimal lifting needed and take only minutes to fit or remove.
- X Large Insulated Pot Jacket fits pots up to 65cm in diameter and measures 70cm H
- Can be fitted to pots in situ, with minimal lifting needed
- Take only minutes to fit or remove
- Can be used to protect one large pot, or a group of smaller pots
- Doesn't become soggy after rain or snow
- Allow easy access for watering, and let the pot(s) drain freely
- Insulate plant roots from contact with frozen ground below
- Won't blow off in even the strongest winds
- Protect pots of spring-flowering bulbs from freezing
- Help stop pots being dried out by cold, drying winter winds
- Blend easily into the background
- Help prevent winter frost shatter on terracotta pots
- Can be used anywhere outdoors, and on Polytunnels or unheated conservatories and porches for extra protection during severe cold spells
- Are tough, rot-proof, easy to store, and re-usable
- When used with plant jackets provide a complete plant protection system
- Double layer plastic bubble wrap - the same material used to insulate greenhouses in winter - provides a protective layer around the pot
- Jackets can be fitted to pots in situ and left on all winter, as they retain their insulating properties even in wet weather
- Ideal for protecting the roots of all pot-grown plants, including shrubs, trees, spring-flowering bulbs, and fruiting plants such as patio apples
Found it difficult to get the X large jacket around a 50cm pot . The polystyrene base is in 4 sections which are placed on the base of the jacket, but they aren't held in position, so move easily. The pot, with 75 litres of soil, was too heavy to lift and so had to be 'slid' into the jacket. While doing this the polystyrene base cracked. Looks ok now, but won't be taking the jacket off in a hurry!
Took a bit of effort to get the large jacket around the rather heavy pot as no husband in sight when I needed a hand. I won't be removing it in a hurry. Now looks nice and snug despite putting it around a square pot. No risk of it detaching in high winds and I have no doubt it will protect the contents very well. The colour is unobtrusive in the garden and it seems well-made. will be interested to see how well it drains.
I recently purchased 4 of these pot jackets and already 2 of my large citrus and nectarine are tucked in like a bug in a snug! Its easy to put on and knowing i won't be worrying about them during the dreaded winter months! Would definitely recommend together with the fleece jackets to complete overall winter and frost protection.
What The Press Say
Protect plants and pots by wrapping them up in a horticultural insulating fleece or jacket pot, you can prevent too much frost damage. The thin fabric lets light and water in but keeps the plants warm underneath. They will stay snug and protected till late winter when you can remove it.