Harrod Slot & Lock® Storm Proof 1.8m Walk In Fruit Cage
The Harrod Slot & Lock® Storm Proof Fruit & Vegetable Cage is a superb value 1.8m high walk-in fruit cage, especially for fruit and vegetable growers, providing a simple and cost effective way to protect your plants
The fruit cage kit uses strong 16mm diameter aluminium tubing and our exclusive award winning Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors, which are screwed firmly in place to create a sturdy fruit cage structure.
The fruit cage kit stands 1.8m high, includes braces for extra rigidity and has a Zip Net Access Strip which can be located anywhere on the netting for a convenient re-sealable entry for easy access to your crops.
The innovative Award Winning storm proof clips secures the netting to the framework and ensures that in high winds and snowfall the netting will detach from the framework preventing the framework from being damaged or bent.
The fruit cage comes complete with fitted 7mm soft mesh butterfly netting which when fixed to the stormproof clips can be easily moved along the framework for easy access to your plants.
The durable corrosion resistant aluminum tube framework sits 20cm/8" into the ground - we recommend a hole former for installation when the ground is tough.
- Framework made from 16mm Aluminium Tubing & Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Upright tubing caps provided
- Includes corner braces for extra rigidity
- Fitted 7mm soft butterfly netting
- Stormproof clips supplied to secure netting and detach from framework in high winds or heavy snowfall
- Supplied with Zip Net Access Strip for easy access to crops
- Fruit Cage stands 1.8m high - uprights insert 20cm/8" into ground
- Hole Former is available separately for installation on tough ground conditions
Easy to assemble and very sturdy, only issue fitting the zip is quite fiddly.
The fruit cage went together easily and is sturdy. I am really pleased with it.
What The Press Say
What to do this week on your Fruit and Veg Plot
Build a fruit cage to protect your crop from greedy birds. a couple of pigeons or blackbirds can rob an entire crop in less than a day. So while you're getting your fruit sorted, make sure it has the right protection with a sturdy fruit cage. The easiest option is to buy a ready-made modular cage that you can assemble. Harrod Horticultural has an extensive range of fruit cages.