Harrod Slot & Lock® Storm Proof 1.8m Walk In Vegetable Cage (Natural)
The Harrod Slot & Lock® Storm Proof Vegetable Cage in Natural Finish is a superb value 1.8m high walk-in cage, especially for vegetable growers, providing a simple and cost effective way to protect your crops.
Made by us in the UK
The vegetable cage kit uses strong 16mm diameter aluminium tubing and our exclusive award winning Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors, which are screwed firmly in place to create a sturdy fruit cage structure.
The walk-in cage stands 1.8m high, includes braces for extra rigidity and has a Zip Net Access Strip which can be located anywhere on the netting for a convenient re-sealable entry for easy access to your crops.
The innovative Award Winning storm proof clips secures the netting to the framework and ensures that in high winds and snowfall the netting will detach from the framework preventing the framework from being damaged or bent.
The vegetable cage comes complete with fitted 7mm soft mesh butterfly netting which when fixed to the stormproof clips can be easily moved along the framework for easy access to your plants.
The durable corrosion resistant aluminum tube framework sits 20cm/8" into the ground - we recommend a hole former for installation when the ground is tough.
- Framework made from 16mm Aluminium Tubing & Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Upright tubing caps provided
- Includes corner braces for extra rigidity
- Fitted 7mm soft butterfly netting - please note: netting will also stop most pollinators
- Stormproof clips supplied to secure netting and detach from framework in high winds or heavy snowfall
- Supplied with Zip Net Access Strip for easy access to crops
- Vegetable Cage stands 1.8m high - uprights insert 20cm/8" into ground
- Hole Former is available separately for installation on tough ground conditions
- We recommend removing the netting over winter to prevent any potential damage from heavy snow and high winds
We found this easy to assemble and erect - and we have erected several different fruit cages over the past few years. We chose it because other cages have been damaged by high winds and/or heavy snow. High winds blow the net off the frame (as described) but it is easy to clip back on and the frame has remained undamaged. The single zip entry was easy to install and works a treat. All in all this is a very well-designed product and we would buy it again.
My order arrived very quickly and we were able to build the fruit cage quite easily. I was particularly impressed with the way the zip is put in. It is now protecting my fruit bushes and is a very welcome additional to my kitchen garden.
What The Press Say
Garden NewsJanuary 2016
What to do this week on your Fruit and Veg Plot
Build a fruit cage to protect your crop from greedy birds. a couple of pigeons or blackbirds can rob an entire crop in less than a day. So while you're getting your fruit sorted, make sure it has the right protection with a sturdy fruit cage. The easiest option is to buy a ready-made modular cage that you can assemble. Harrod Horticultural has an extensive range of fruit cages.