This Hardwood Timber Cold Frame is ideal for protecting plants over winter and really comes into its own in spring when it manages all your garden hardening off duties.
This is one cold frame that will last and last too thanks to the high quality, rigid hardwood construction - Acacia timber no less - and black coated stainless steel fittings and the important job of protecting your plants and retaining heat is easily managed by UV stabilised twin-walled glazing. Expect your 40cm (16") high by 100cm (39") wide and 60cm (24") deep Hardwood Timber Cold Frame to deliver insulation and protection in winter and diffused light in summer to reduce the risk of scorching.
- Hardwood Timber Cold Frame measures 40cm (16") H x 100cm (39") W x 60cm (24") D
- High sides will accommodate taller plants
- Adjustable lid can be fixed open to vary ventilation and for ease of watering
- Features UV stabilised twin-walled glazing
- Can be anchored to the ground through the galvanised anchor plates (pegs not supplied)
- Made from Acacia timber - this is one cold frame designed to last!
- Black coated stainless steel fittings
A little pricey,and not as heavy as I expected. OK for my walled garden, but would need to securely fastened to floor in exposed/windy areas. Next time I'd consider making my own from sturdier wood at less cost.
This frame was very expensive and I was a little disappointed. I expected the wood frame to be heavier. If not pegged down securely it will blow away. Also with the top open the wind can do damage as the hinges are also not sustantial enough.