Everedge Brown Flexible Steel Lawn Edging
Steel Lawn Edging by Everedge - Give your lawn edge definition with this weather resistant, maintenance free, 1.6mm thick galvanised steel lawn edging, coated in a corrosion resistant brown paint.
Steel Lawn Edging by Everedge - Give your lawn edge definition with this weather resistant, maintenance free, 1.6mm thick galvanised steel lawn edging, coated in a corrosion resistant brown paint, which research has revealed to be the most natural colour for the majority of applications.
- Manufactured from almost 100% recycled material using British Steel
- Extremely flexible suitable for small and large projects
- The 1m lengths are easily installed with a hammer, screwdriver and block of wood, straight lines and corners can be given a neat finish, and the tedious task of continuous edging is eliminated.
- The spikes hold the lengths securely in the soil and the lawn can still be cut; please allow 6% extra for overlap when calculating the amount required
- Supplied in a Pack of 5 x 1 metre lengths each 7.5cm deep (above ground) with a total depth of 17cm (including spikes)
- The steel lawn edging can be cut to size with either a hacksaw or a grinder with slotting disk, if necessary.
- The lawn edging can be shaped around curves as it is flexible e.g. a 1m length can almost make a circle
This product was a delight to install and has done exactly what I wanted it to achieve. The only minor downside is that if you leave the top exposed, it is very capable of providing a nasty cut - children beware!! I managed to track down some push on covering that fits exactly and which does not detract from the overall use. I will pass on the details to Harrods.
good product, but a little awkward if you are on stony ground
I have used the edging for several years and am gradually edging all lawns in the garden with it. I find it excellent but there is one installation snag: when driving it into hard soil the sections can become detached, with the fixing tag bending, and I have had to replace tags with bolts. It would be good if an alternative bolt fixing could be provided. This would be especially useful when installing on uneven ground levels.
What The Press Say
BBC Gardeners WorldDecember 2016
Tools and kit - There are now lots of time-saving versions of regular gardening kit, available online or from your local nursery of garden centre. Speed up the basics with my pick of must-have tools and essentials.
Permanent Lawn Edging - If a lawn is properly edged, it's quicker to keep it neat and tidy. You won't need to trim the edges separately - just mow over them. It also stops the lawn from changing shape over time.
Which? Gardening1st May 2006
The top quickly blended in and the back was unobtrusive.