Steel Lawn Edging by Everedge - Give your lawn edge definition with this weather resistant, maintenance free, 1.6mm thick galvanised steel lawn edging, coated in a corrosion resistant brown paint, which research has revealed to be the most natural colour for the majority of applications.
- Manufactured from almost 100% recycled material using British Steel
- Extremely flexible suitable for small and large projects
- The 1m lengths are easily installed with a hammer, screwdriver and block of wood, straight lines and corners can be given a neat finish, and the tedious task of continuous edging is eliminated.
- The spikes hold the lengths securely in the soil and the lawn can still be cut; please allow 6% extra for overlap when calculating the amount required
- Supplied in a Pack of 5 x 1 metre lengths each 7.5cm deep (above ground) with a total depth of 17cm (including spikes)
- The steel lawn edging can be cut to size with either a hacksaw or a grinder with slotting disk, if necessary.
- The lawn edging can be shaped around curves as it is flexible e.g. a 1m length can almost make a circle
Not being used for lawn edging. Using it for woodchip path edging.
I purchased several of these items many years back to use in my garden and they are still in very good shape, doing the job and looking very good. As a result I just purchased more of them to complete a new area of the garden.
Its ok overall, yet the price point is excessive especially as the manufacturer (www.everedge.co.uk) is significantly cheaper and offers many other colour options; their website has full use and specifications. Unfortunately this was discovered after delivery, so my packs will be going back as its for use around a slate water feature and the brown is horrible, unless you want a traditional finish. The info with the edging also says that it, ideally, SHOULD NOT be cut as it negates the protective finish properties.
What The Press Say
BBC Gardeners WorldDecember 2016
Tools and kit - There are now lots of time-saving versions of regular gardening kit, available online or from your local nursery of garden centre. Speed up the basics with my pick of must-have tools and essentials.
Permanent Lawn Edging - If a lawn is properly edged, it's quicker to keep it neat and tidy. You won't need to trim the edges separately - just mow over them. It also stops the lawn from changing shape over time.
Which? Gardening1st May 2006
The top quickly blended in and the back was unobtrusive.