Steel Lawn Edging by Everedge - Give your lawn edge definition with this weather resistant, maintenance free, 1.6mm thick galvanised steel lawn edging, coated in a corrosion resistant brown paint, which research has revealed to be the most natural colour for the majority of applications.
- Manufactured from almost 100% recycled material using British Steel
- Extremely flexible suitable for small and large projects
- The 1m lengths are easily installed with a hammer, screwdriver and block of wood, straight lines and corners can be given a neat finish, and the tedious task of continuous edging is eliminated.
- The spikes hold the lengths securely in the soil and the lawn can still be cut; please allow 6% extra for overlap when calculating the amount required
- Supplied in a Pack of 5 x 1 metre lengths each 7.5cm deep (above ground) with a total depth of 17cm (including spikes)
- The steel lawn edging can be cut to size with either a hacksaw or a grinder with slotting disk, if necessary.
- The lawn edging can be shaped around curves as it is flexible e.g. a 1m length can almost make a circle
Its ok overall, yet the price point is excessive especially as the manufacturer (www.everedge.co.uk) is significantly cheaper and offers many other colour options; their website has full use and specifications. Unfortunately this was discovered after delivery, so my packs will be going back as its for use around a slate water feature and the brown is horrible, unless you want a traditional finish. The info with the edging also says that it, ideally, SHOULD NOT be cut as it negates the protective finish properties.
This product was a delight to install and has done exactly what I wanted it to achieve. The only minor downside is that if you leave the top exposed, it is very capable of providing a nasty cut - children beware!! I managed to track down some push on covering that fits exactly and which does not detract from the overall use. I will pass on the details to Harrods.
What The Press Say
BBC Gardeners WorldDecember 2016
Tools and kit - There are now lots of time-saving versions of regular gardening kit, available online or from your local nursery of garden centre. Speed up the basics with my pick of must-have tools and essentials.
Permanent Lawn Edging - If a lawn is properly edged, it's quicker to keep it neat and tidy. You won't need to trim the edges separately - just mow over them. It also stops the lawn from changing shape over time.
Which? Gardening1st May 2006
The top quickly blended in and the back was unobtrusive.