Echinacea Purpurea White Swan is commonly known as Purple coneflower, has clear white flowers growing up to 2 feet, flowerheads are up to 11cm (4.5in) across with golden-brown cone-shaped discs. An erect perennial with red-tinted green stems. Rough hairy basal leaves 15cm (6in) long and lance-shaped stem leaves.
Medicinal Properties - dried rhizomes and roots are widely used in herbal medicines where they are believed to fortify the immune system. Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Deadhead to promote further flowering, though seedheads, attracts birds and butterflies. Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
- Echinacea purpurea White Swan (Purple Coneflower)
- Red-tinted green stems
- Flowerheads are White up 11cm (4.5in) with golden-brown cone-shaped discs
- Height - 60cm (24in)
- Spread - 45cm (18in)
- Prefers Full Sun but will tolerate some shade
- Plant in deep, well drained, humus-rich soil
- Prolonged wet can cause root rot
- Supplied in 1.5 or 2 litre pots
- Available singularly or in sets of 3
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery