The 1m Square Cloche will offer essential plant protection to young vegetable plants, seedlings and ornamentals in open ground vegetable plots, seed beds and even raised beds - the simple to assemble cloche fits very snugly inside one of our 1m square Link-a-Bord beds and we've even made a Link-a-Bord and Square Cloche Kit available!
The tough plastic cover of this spacious garden cloche does sterling work protecting vulnerable plants and is securely attached to the tubular metal frame by velcro ties. Full length side zips allow easy access to the snug plants inside and the plant protection cloche comes with ground pegs to anchor down the frame. Simple push-in connectors allow the tubular metal frame sections to be assembled in minutes and with a 2mm x 1.4mm mesh size Insect Mesh Cover available for summer pest control, the crop protection cloche is likely to be a key player in your garden plant protection team! The 1m Square Cloche measures 103cm in width, is 103cm wide and stands 65cm in height (39" x 39" x 25½").
- 1m Square Cloche measures 103cm W x 103cm D x 65cm H (39" x 39" x 25½")
- Comes with tough plastic PVC cover
- Ideal for early and late season crop protection
- Use to warm soil prior to planting
- Cloche can be used in borders, vegetable beds, seed beds and over direct sown seeds
- Fits perfectly inside our 1m square Link-a-Bord beds
- Link-a-Bord and Square Cloche Kit also available
- Velcro ties attach cloche cover to frame
- Tubular metal frame with push-in connectors
- Assembled in minutes
- Easy to interchange covers
- Cloche can be dismantled and easily stored when not required
- Insect Mesh Cover option for protecting summer crops from pests
- Mesh size is 2mm x 1.4mm
- Comes complete with matching ground pegs for secure anchoring of frame to soil
- Instructions included
Note: Cover Only Now Available
I bought the 1m x 1m version of the cloche together with the net, in the battle against cabbage white on my curly kale. It is very easy to assemble and the netting works pretty well, though is a bit snug and is now squashing the plants. However, determined butterflies still find their way in from time to time, as the frame sits directly on top of the Link-a-Board raised bed underneath rather than inside it, so if it just slides a fraction to one side the pesky blighters still get in. Would be better if it fitted snugly inside the Link-a-Board so the frame could sit directly on the soil.
Very easy to erect, very sturdy, fits perfectly in the link a bord. I have a 2m x 1m link a bord so put this on one half and this worked perfectly.
Initially my seedlings got off to a good start under these protective cloches (although a bit tight to fit). However it was't long before I was battling slugs. I used the Nemaslug product which helped but not completely, so then I used slug pellets. Next the foxes used the plastic canopy as a launch pad to get onto the garden wall. Eventually the plastic covers both split. I tried using the mesh covers underneath them for some continued protection but these were then also torn/chewed. The vegetables that survived this onslaught were my courgettes (the first time I'd grown these) which rapidly outgrew the cloches and filled the space that wasn't being used by the neighbours' cats as a latrine! I now know why our next door neighbours have given up growing vegetables!