Wool Compost for Potting 30 Litre
30 Litre Bags
Sheep's Wool Compost is an excellent eco-friendly peat-free garden potting compost, which uses a mix of bracken and sheep's wool to retain moisture while releasing nutrients to feed plants throughout the season
PLEASE NOTE: ORDERS OF 2 BAGS OR MORE WILL COST AN EXTRA £1 PER BAG TO COVER CARRIAGE COSTS - PRICE WILL UPDATE AT BASKET. MAXIMUM 10 BAGS PER ORDER. EXEMPT FROM ALL DISCOUNTS AND PROMOTIONS.
Sheep's Wool Potting Compost is an excellent eco-friendly peat-free garden compost that mixes bracken and sheep's wool to help retain water while releasing nutrients to feed flowers, fruit and vegetables throughout the growing season.
The idea originated from old gardening books that talked of wool's natural ability to hold water to itself, and provide long term nutrient release - wool is still famously used in the 'Rhubarb Triangle' of Yorkshire.
- Supplied in 30 litre bags
- Use directly as potting compost for pots, hanging baskets, tubs and planters and soak thoroughly with water
- Suitable for planting flowers, shrubs, fruit, vegetables and trees
- Natural water retention with high levels of natural potash to provide growing plants with the essential ingredients to maximise flowering and fruiting and promote healthy growth
- Bracken yields a naturally high level of natural potash - captured in this compost
- Sheep's wool also works as a ground barrier against snails
- A real alternative to peat - but with a similarly soft texture
- Made from totally renewable resources with great environmental benefits
- A carbon neutral compost to help you garden more sustainable
The wool compost is a great product and it's great that it has fertiliser in it that will last for year. Lovely quality.
I have found this really good for hanging baskets. Other peat free composts do not retain water well and are difficult to reset once dry, but I have found this one really good - and it needs less fertiliser
What The Press Say
Gardening WhichAugust 2023
Best Buys for patio pots
Dalefoot composts are unlike any other, being made from composted bracken and wool, mixed with comfrey. The bracken provides potassium, the wool gives nitrogen and the comfrey has a good NPK balance. As a result, you won't need to feed your plants. The pelargoniums did well compared with plants that hadn't been fed, and were just as good as those we added feed to. We had a respectable harvest of healthy spuds, too.
Pro LandscaperMarch 2020
Review on Sheep's Wool Compost
Voted 'Sustainable Product of the Month'