Vermiculite has been used by gardeners for decades and our standard Vermiculite will allow you to improve your seed sowing germination rates and give your seed and potting compost mixes the edge
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
Vermiculite has been used by plantsmen, propagators, growers and gardeners for decades and our standard Vermiculite will allow you to improve your seed sowing germination rates and give your seed and potting compost mixes the edge.
Supplied in easily manageable re-sealable bags, the standard vermiculite - a naturally occuring non-toxic mineral - will benefit seeds and seedlings; ideal for mixing with seed sowing and potting composts where it absorbs nutrients and moisture before releasing them near the rootzone.
Simply mix the vermiculite with potting compost, use exclusively as a seed sowing medium or cover your seeds after sowing and just watch the results!
- Vermiculite available in Standard Grade (Fine Grade no longer available)
- Supplied in lightweight, re-sealable 10 litre bags
- Vermiculite used extensively in seed sowing and propagation
- Each bag weighs only 0.9kg
- Expanded naturally occurring, non-toxic, soft mica material
- Absorbs otherwise leachable nutrients and releases near plant roots
- Helps retain soil moisture content
- Mix with potting compost to create an easily re-wettable growing medium
- Can be used exclusively to germinate seeds
- Sprinkle over seeds to reduce soil surface water loss and temperature fluctuations
- Regularly used in our own Stephanie's Kitchen Garden
- Ideal for mixing with both seed sowing and potting composts
Mix 1 part vermiculite with 3 parts potting compost to create a growing medium pot plants will love!
What The Press Say
Use as an alernative to compost for covering seed of species that need light to germinate, It also helps reduce the risk of damping off.
Sowing Without Peat