The Timber Wire Frame is a fantastic way to encourage greater yields of cane fruit and other trained types of fruit trees and bushes both in the garden or vegetable plot or inside the safety of a fruit cage!
Our handsome design of wooden plant support frame brings together an incredibly strong steel cable wiring system with an especially sturdy timber framework - the wire support frame is ideal for cane fruit such as raspberries, tayberries, blackberries and boysenberries or for training fruit such as apples, pears and peach into espalier or fan forms.
The chunky 10cm/4" thick posts of the wooden frame stand 2m/6'5" above the ground and have a 2.5m/8'2" long timber crossbar fixed across the top for superb stability, and all timber has been high pressure treated to ensure a longer life. These posts are designed to be secured 40cm/16" into the ground and can be concreted if required.
The timber plant support kit comes complete with 5 barrel strainers and fixings and the 65m of supplied steel cable easily allows 5 tensioned lines to be fixed between the posts at your desired spacing to offer optimum support for fruit laden canes and branches. The timber wire frame comes in complete kit form (both the frame and wire) and a wire cable kit is also available separately.
- Timber Wire Frame stands 2m/6'5" above ground with 2.5m/8'2" long crossbar
- Frame posts are 10cm/4"thick
- Wire frame posts can be dug 40cm/16" into ground or concreted in for extra stability
- All timber pressure treated for longer life
- Heavy duty wirework comes complete with frame
- 65m/215' of incredibly strong steel cable creates 5 tensioned lines
- 5 barrel strainers allow for easy tensioning of support wires
- 10 x wire clamps and 10 x self-tapping hooks also included
- Wire Cable Kit (including 65m/215' of steel cable, 5 x barrel strainers, 10 x wire clamps and 10 x self tapping hooks) also available separately
- Full assembly instructions included
- Ideal for use in any kitchen or vegetable garden
- Fits perfectly inside one of our fruit cages
- Perfect for supporting cane fruit including raspberries, tayberries and blackberries
- Can also be used for training and supporting fruit trees and bushes
- Incredibly strong and long lasting system
- Designed and manufactured in-house
- Used for supporting raspberries in our own Harrod Horticultural Kitchen Garden
- Self Assembly required
This is a nice reasonably priced complete set of wires, fixings and tensioners which I have used between oak posts to support espalier fruit trees. Ask for instruction leaflet when ordering. We could not work out how to fit until instructions were e-mailed. Simple really. Looks great
Many thanks for your feedback and sincere apologies that the instruction leaflet was not enclosed with your original delivery. Your comments have been forwarded to our despatch dept to make sure this issue is resolved for any future orders.
I have to disagree with anonymous. We bought two timber wire kits two years ago for training fruit trees and found them excellent quality for such a low price. They were easy to install and two years on are just great. We stained them black before putting them up and they have withstood all that the Yorkshire weather and storms can throw at them. I find the tension wires fine. Our espaliers are doing great. Thanks Harrods. Jane.
I found the wire clamps too small and fiddly and they did not seem to do the job. In the end I used an electrician neighbours cable clamps. I saw a bigger version of the barrel strainer in a National Trust garden which seemed more effective. I need more time to evaluate the barrel strainers - at the moment they appear to be doing the job.