Our Soaker Hose Kits use a low pressure porous hose to delivers droplets of water to the surface of your allotment beds, raised beds, kitchen garden plot, vegetable patch or even to your lawn.
All three sizes of Soaker Hose Kit (15, 30 and a jumbo 50m long version) can be run off water butts or even connected directly to the mains to provide continuous economical garden watering.
The Soaker Hose Kits drastically reduce wastage of this valuable commodity by seeping small but constant amounts of water into the soil.
For lush lawns and totally undercover watering, the hose can be permanently buried under grass or soil.
All kits are supplied with various fittings allowing you to customise the hose to your own garden situation. Expect to water soil up to 50cm either side of the porous Soaker Hose pipe, which is best laid in loops to ensure even coverage.
- 15m Soaker Hose Kit includes: 15m soaker hose, 1 straight, 1 tee, 1 elbow connector & 2 end stops
- 30m Soaker Hose Kit includes: 30m soaker hose, 2 straight, 2 tee, 2 elbow connectors & 4 end stops
- 50m Soaker Hose Kit includes: 50m soaker hose, 2 straight, 2 tee, 2 elbow connectors & 4 end stops
- Extra Soaker Hose Fittings Kit includes: 2 straight, 2 tee, 2 elbow connectors & 4 end stops
- Ideal low pressure watering system
- Runs off water butt or mains
- If using mains supply only need to open tap very slightly
- Very economical to run
- Lay on soil surface or bury beneath a lawn for invisible watering
- Soaker Hose is same size as a hose pipe (½" diameter) so will accept all standard hosepipe fitting
- Porous Soaker Hose made from recycled car tyres
- Hose just seeps water directly onto soil surface
- Water seeps directly into soil minimising evaporation loss
- Amount bled from 1m section of hose is 2-6 litres per hour depending on the water pressure
- In normal soil conditions water will soak up to 50cm from pipe - can be positioned in loops just under 1m apart to get even coverage
- Lay Soaker Hose pipe in loops to ensure even watering
- Install permanently or remove after growing season
- Ideal for thirsty vegetables such as potatoes, broad beans and courgettes
- Fittings included for customising Soaker Hose Kits
- Soaker Hose pipe is easily cut with scissors
- Simply join to a standard hosepipe with connectors to cross pathways or reach bed from water supply
Based on reviews I bought 2 length of soaker hose. It was connected to a 1000 ltr Ibc tank which provides a metre of head. Filled with clean tap water it worked initially, but within a couple of days the droplets stopped forming and the hose was just damp. When connected to a mains pressure hose it works fine. Annoying as my polytunnel has guttering to collect rain water and the product doesn't work as expected on a low pressure gravity feed
I have several times ordered HH's leaky pipes. The delivery goes smoothly and the pipes have definitely enhanced plant performance, as well as making life easier.