Retail Trade Buying Information
RETAIL TRADE PRICING & TERMS
For the latest retailers price list and brochure please email us - firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need email verification that you are a retail business with your company registered number, VAT number and if relevant a website link.
All orders need to be placed through our Retail Department so that they are distinguished from our mail order business and receive business to business account management.
Trade Terms & Placing a RETAIL TRADE Order:-
- All details of your order can be sent to email@example.com
- You can call our Retail team on +44 (0)1502 509508
- Orders can be faxed to +44 (0)1502 582456
- There are no minimum order quantities
- All prices are in £ sterling and are net; they exclude carriage and any associated tax/duty costs.
- All orders can be quoted individually for shipping if required, please advise if you need a quote. On large value orders we can look at FREE shipping.
- All payments to be made in £ sterling.
- For an opening order we will require payment before despatch of order.
- If you require a pro forma to pay by bank transfer this can be arranged.
- For repeat orders, if you would like to open a credit account (terms 30 days nett) please complete the Credit Application Form and return to us - either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on fax to +44 (0)1502 582456.
CREATING A TRADE ACCOUNT
For an opening order we will require payment before the despatch of order; if you require a pro forma to pay by bank transfer this can be arranged. For repeat orders, if you would like to open a credit account (terms 30 days nett) please complete the Credit Application Form and return to us - either by email to email@example.com or on fax to +44 (0)1502 582456.
COMPLETING THE CREDIT APPLICATION FORM
- Please note this is a multipurpose form and it needs to be printed out to be completed as it requires a signature.
- Please complete as many sections as possible, if you have a VAT and Company reg number you can leave blank the trade references, bank details and directorship sections.
- If you can make sure you complete the credit limit required and also make sure there is a signature on the form before returning to us - either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +44 (0)1502 582456.
- Please note all orders placed on account / 30 days nett need to be placed in writing either on email to email@example.com or faxed to us on +44 (0)1502 582456.
- Where possible we require a purchase order number.
- If you have any queries on completing the credit application form please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1502 509508.
PLACING A RETAIL TRADE ORDER
All orders need to be placed through our RETAIL TRADE Department so that they are distinguished from our mail order business and that they receive business to business account management.
- All details of your order can be sent to email@example.com
- You can call our RETAIL TRADE team on +44 (0)1502 509508.
- Orders can be faxed to +44 (0)1502 582456.
RETAIL TRADE FAQs
Although we have tried to cover everything on the website there are some Frequently Asked Questions we receive which we have answered below. If you can't find the answer you are looking for please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1502 509508.
What is RETAIL TRADE?
This is defined as any UK garden centre that wishes to stock Harrod Horticultural product; and any non-UK mail order company or garden centre around the world.
What is the RETAIL TRADE discount?
We have a standard retail trade discount based on no minimum order quantities. There are volume discount options and for exceptional order volumes we can discuss pricing in further detail. For the latest retail trade price list and brochure; please contact by email - email@example.com. We will need email verification that you are a retail business with your company registered number, VAT number and if relevant a website link.
Is there a minimum order value or volume?
No – there isn’t a minimum order value.
Do you drop ship?
We can deliver products direct to UK addresses; this is normal for us being a UK mail order retailer. It is a matter of applying a postage and packing charge to cover the costs. Internationally it is not economical for us to drop ship single product items as the cost can be more than the product value. Shipping internationally is an economies of scale situation; transport costs are not much more for ordering 10 items than it is for ordering 1 for example. That is unless the customer order value is high and makes it viable, for example we do have some international retailers that sell high price pointed products online whereby an order for a 10m L pergola makes sense to ship on its own.
Can I have a credit account?
After a 1st order has been paid and then shipped, we can offer retail trade customers a 30 day (nett) account option – upon receipt and approval of the Credit Application Form.
How do I place an order?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +44 (0)1502 509508 or fax +44 (0) 1502 582456. To process your order we require product codes, quantities, invoice and delivery addresses, date required, a purchase order number and your carrier details (unless you want us to quote to fulfill the order.
Can I order online?
No – all orders need to be placed directly with our Retail Trade team so that they are distinguished from our mail order business and that they receive business to business account management.
Can I pay by Bank Transfer (BACS) payments?
Yes – email the details of the products, quantities and invoice and delivery addresses to email@example.com and we can send you a pro forma invoice by return – this has our bank details on for bank transfer (BACS) payments and our address details for cheque payments.
How are orders acknowledged?
Within 48 hours we will advise you of when we expect your order to leave us; if you are arranging your own transport we will advise you of the pallet dimensions and weight so that you can obtain your own quotation.
How quick will I get my order?
If the products are in stock, they can leave us within 1 week; if any items are out of stock will will advise at the point of receiving order and will forecast an expected “due” date which will be updated if required.
What details can I give to my transport carriers?
Please advise your transport carriers of the following:
- Your company name and order number
- Collection address is: Harrod Horticultural, 1-3 Pinbush Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7NL
- Collection times are 8am-3.30pm Monday to Friday
Will I get a despatch invoice?
Yes – the despatch invoice is emailed at the same time the order leaves us.
Do you exhibit at any shows?
Yes – not only can you find us at The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, but we attend both SPOGA GAFA (Cologne) and GLEE (NEC, Birmingham) which are 2 key product buyer events. We often attend Meet The Buyer events as organised by GARDENEX.
What sales support do you offer?
As we UK mail order retail our own products we have a huge portfolio of images (all available as hi-res 300 DPI), technical specification, product copy and video content. All products are supplied with POS labelling for you to add your selling prices. We can offer display boards upon request and are happy to work with you regarding design.
Do you supply display stands?
Not as a standard but we are happy to work with you to supply something that will be suitable for your store. We have our own design workshop and manufacturing plant to help this process.
Do you supply instructions?
Yes, all products that require assembly have full English instructions that are written by us. They are proven through being sent with all our UK mail order orders, with any revisions made upon feedback. Instructions can be supplied ahead of any buying decision making upon request.
What packaging do the products come in?
Our assembly items are packed in individual “parts”. For example, if a product has 4 parts to it then we will supply them as Part 1 of 4, Part 2 of 4, Part 3 of 4 and Part 4 of 4. Parts are either boxed with foam protection inside, wrapped in ultra thick brown paper and taped or covered in extra thick polythene burn wrap. All fully finished products are covered in extra thick polythene burn wrap. All these methods are tried and tested through despatching tens of thousands of orders across the UK and around the world; the damage in transit rate is less than 0.1%.
Can I arrange samples?
Yes, we are able to send samples. For those outside of the UK we normally make a contribution towards the shipping charge.
If there are any questions not covered above please do contact our Retail Trade department on either firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1502 509508 where we will only be too happy to assist you further.